No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII/VIII PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the error message say? If you're stuck at some precise point, it seems like a bug or perhaps a scratched disc or bad image. Try patching FF7 to the latest version if possible, or try playing from the original disc to see if the same happens.

If you're playing from the original discs, try creating an image with Alcohol 120% and check if any unusual bad sector messages occur during the image creation process.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The problem occured everytime the first Chocobo race was about to begin. I did get the patch though and now its working fine. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Spooky
        I don't mean to reveive an oold topic, but I have problems play FF8. When I start New Game, it says "Insert Disc 1" then I did what that guy said and go to Regedit. I typed in "Final Fantasy" and the location of the CD came up. But I don;t getw aht you mean by change thr letter drive. becuase i did, and it says wrong disc inserted. It's hard to explain but can anyone help me?
        I'm having the same problem, I did the little tutorial and did the directory thing, but no go.

Comment

I get the same "Insert Disc 1, 2 or 3" kind of error when I try to run FFVII. Tried a few things such as applying the available patches and changing my registry to the foldering with my ISO's but still a no go.

EDIT:

Just tried again. Mounted the 'Install Disc', which ran perfectly, and installed FF7. Everything looks to be as it should be, however, when I click on the exe it asks me for a disc, when I mount a disc (any of the Disc 1-3 ISO's) my computer asks me what I want to open the files in the ISO with instead of the program intself recognizing the disc and none of my ISO seem to act as a 'Play Disc'. The install still tries to install and all the others only have game data (videos, etc).

Still a little green with Daemon but I think I'm using it correctly...

EDIT (again, boy I'm on a roll tonight):

Yeah, it works...I'm stupid. Had the wrong drive in. Now I just have to see if a detachable numpad exists for laptops or if I can change the default keys somehow because it won't let me navigate without a numpad, it seems. But hey, one problem solved.
          Last edited by sux2bu; 13.04.2006, 04:51.

Comment

This still isn't working for me, I used regedit to change the drive location to E, but it's still giving me the "Insert Correct CD" error. Any additional help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

Try it like Zappo and reinstall it ! Otherwise, did you have a proper ISO of it ?
              You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
              sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

sorry guys, I'm not that notifiied on this stuff

How did you guys install the game?

I tried using Magic ISO to make an image but it always stops at 63%, then Daemon Tools wont open up at all for me when I D/L it

Comment

Err..so I stumbled upon this site because I'm looking for FF7 Technical help as well..

I have the same problem as zero, but this always happens when I try to play Disc 3 to end the game. Somehow, it says to insert disc 1, 2, or 3, even when I've already mounted Disc 3. When I originally started the game, I had this same problem as well, but then I edited by Regedit and FF7 has been working considerably well for the last two discs. I've also just reinstalled, but the message still pops up. Does anyone have any other ideas..?

Comment

Please install the latest version of Alcohol 120% and create new images from your original CDs.
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

heres what i did and its working

i installed this on my pc and copied the entire lot onto my laptop to test and it works great!
                      install final fantasy8 via the install cd
                      copy the files field.fi field.fl and field.fs THAT INSTALLED FROM the install disk to a new folder on ur hard drive,
                      from cd1 copy disc1.pak and Disk.1 to the same new folder
                      from cd2 copy disc2.pak and Disk.2 to the same new folder
                      from cd3 copy disc3.pak and Disk.3 to the same new folder
                      from cd4 copy disc4.pak and Disk.4 to the same new folder
                      you will then have the files in the new folder
                      field.fi
                      field.fl
                      field.fs
                      disc1.pak and Disk.1
                      disc2.pak and Disk.2
                      disc3.pak and Disk.3
                      disc4.pak and Disk.4
                      burn them as an iso image named FF8_Disc
                      then mount the image file u created
                      run regedit
                      open this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc\FINAL FANTASY VIII\1.00
                      click on the 1.00 once then on the right u will see "DataDrive" (right click on this and choose modify )
                      enter the driveletter where you mounted the FF8_Disc.iso
                      bingo ur game will not ask for cd!! hehe

Comment

THis may sound stupid, But I had problems with this before: make sure the word "DISC" is spelled correctly. It wont work with the cd name "DISK"

Comment

can someone help me how te get ff8 working. i can start the game but when i press new game it says insert disc 1 and i did that regeditstuff but when i press newgame my screen will become black and nothing will happen... so does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Comment

FF7 Reg hacking

if you insist on hacking the registry, there are TWO settings:
                            <HKEY_local_machine/software/Square Soft, Inc./Final Fantasy VII>
                            Data Drive: <insert Virtual CD-ROM Letter>:\
                            MoviePath: <insert Virtual CD-ROM Letter>:\FF7\Movies\

i don't know about FF8

Comment

Everybody makes it so complicated.

All you have to do is disable your actual CD/DVD drives thus making your virtual drive the default one... Wow, how hard was that?

Comment

Not everyone wants to mess around inside their computer. And for that matter, not everyone can without voiding the warranty on their system. For myself, I just put my DVD&#177;RW drives into external USB enclosures and that way I can disconnect them easily just by flipping a switch on the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X