Alcholo 120% and CD-RW Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcholo 120% and CD-RW Drives

Does anyone know what CD-RW drives alcholo 120% works with? I just both a SAMSUNG SW-248 Drive from best buy for $40.00 (Retail Price $89.99) it was part of the Early Bird Friday Special. In any case I am not sure if it will BURN ALL my games when I use Alcholo 120%. I have not opened the drive yet becauase if it is most going to help me with my game burning then it is pointless.

Any suggestions as to what I should get in a CD Burner? Here is what the SAMSUN SW-248 has:

Date Transfer Rate
    Record 48x
    Rewrite 16x
    Read 48x

Burt Transfer Rate
    PIO MOde 4
    DMA Mode 2
    Ultra DMA Mode 2

Recording Capacity
    CD-RW Disc 700/650MB
    CD-R Disc 800/700/650/550MB

Interface
    EiDE/ATAPI

Buffer Memory
    8MB (I think this is a lot more than most other drives on the market right now)

Flash Memory
    512KB

Supports Disc
    CD-R/Rw, Cd-DA, CD-ROM/XA, CD-RIM, VIDEO-CD, CD-I, PHOTO CD, CD-EXTRA, CD-TEXT

Writing Method
    DAO (Disco At Once);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    TAO (Track At Once);
    SAO, Session AT Once);
    Multi Session, Packet Writing (Variable, Fixed Packet)

I don't see anything about RAW and from what I have read in various post it appears that you want RAW becuase will allow for 1:1 copying. Am I correct in this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alcohol series software supported CD/DVD Recorders List :

Hope it can help you.

Comment

Latest copyprotections like Securom 4.8x etc. cannot be copied anyway!

Comment

yup... that's unfortunately right, SwENSkE... if somebody cares:

(taken from the official Alcohol 120% support forum):
        | consider this: Securom works with variations in the radial widh of the
        | spiral track on the glass master cd. These variations are detected using
        | timing measurement during the start of the games. So if you want a real
        | 1:1 copy you need to create the exactly same variations in the spiral
        | track of a cdr media. As the spiral track is already existing on a cdr
        | media the moment you buy it in a shop, a 1:1 copy is not possible in the
        | moment.
        |
        | The only chance to do something like a 1:1 copy is to manipulate the cdr
        | in a way that the timing measurement during game start "thinks" there
        | are the correct variations in the spiral track. This is what Blindwrite does
        | with these twin sectors, but this is no real 1:1 copy, this is something
        | like cheating the detection routine.
        |
        | So a 1:1 copy is technically not possible until we get cdr media without
        | pre-existing spiral track and burners able to create the spiral track
        | before writing the actual data. written by Sloopy_DE
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Clone CD and Securom 4.8

I tried to copy Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 using Clone CD (before i found this site!) and gave the copy to my friends son but of course it would not play. I get the opening screen with the helterskelter but that is it. From what I can gather on this site there is nothing i can do to get the copy of the game to work?

Comment

Please read the rules and do not post the same more than once. Thank you.

sG
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
            X