Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is now SecuROM 7.29...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is now SecuROM 7.29...

After installing newest patch 1.04 for HoMM5 u also update ur securom to the newest version.

Everything ive tried gives same relust - game is not working anymore (work like magic on previous patches)

Im afraid i know the answer but are there any ideas/solution for it now???

Don't know does this work.
    But it worked for NWN2 1.02 patch, which I think uses same "updated" SecuROM.

Mount image with DT4.06 using STPD1.35 drivers and don't use any kind of loader. This worked for NWN, haven't tested it with Heroes5.

Comment

Thx for the quick answer but... sorry for the n00b question ... what is STPD driver - could you (or anybody) give me quick introduction to it? Cheers ^_^

Comment

Originally Posted by p22
        Don't know does this work.
        But it worked for NWN2 1.02 patch, which I think uses same "updated" SecuROM.

Mount image with DT4.06 using STPD1.35 drivers and don't use any kind of loader. This worked for NWN, haven't tested it with Heroes5.
        Doesn't work on my system.

Comment

It works with YASU 1.02b

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
            It works with YASU 1.02b
            That's nice update...

Comment

Cheers!!! Ay, i can confirm that HoMM5 1.04 (SecuROM 7.29) works ^_^ "... oh happy day..."

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                It works with YASU 1.02b
                Thanks for the quick answer.

Comment

All credits go to sYk0 for creating this neat little tool

Comment

A big thx from me, too.

Comment

Doesn't work for me either.
                      As soon as I activate YASU, Securom tells me on loading that a required security module could not be loaded.

What I did:
                      Reboot
                      Run Daemon 4.06 HE with SPDT 1.35
                      Mount H5 image (mds/mdf)
                      Cancel autorun
                      Run YASU (1.02b)
                      Attempt to start using H5_Game.exe

Return Error.
                      Tried same thing but running H5_Game.exe with the asr loader instead and get the same message.

Also, if I run YASU again (which supposedly should unhide your SCSI), I still get the error message.
                      If I reboot and do not run YASU but only the game file (without starting daemon either) it will tell me no cd inserted instead.

Does YASU only work under certain conditions or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

deos not work for me for some reason. i have hommV euro collectors edition. tried following programs:

DT4.08 HE
                        SPTD 1.38
                        curerom 2.0.3.3
                        yasu 1.5
                        blindwrite

can get it to work. at first i thought it might be image file. i did 1st image with alchohol120%. then just today i re-recorded image with blindwrite 6 (it took around 10 hours to do it) and tried to use that image thru DT and curerom+dt and i get mesage saing:

inset original CD not a back up (1000)

it is not a rush but i would apreciate some guidance here. my game version is 1.4 (latest one) i can do another image if you think that is the problem with settings. i own worldwide colectors edition (only 3000 copies worldwide) and would like to preserve dvd.

thanks Dz

Comment

Okay, seems they are searching for something different this time...

I used:
                          DT 4.08
                          Alcohol 1.9.6
                          Blindwrite 6.0
                          YASU

No chance of running the game. BUT...
                          After uninstalling Blindwrite all works just as described (start YASU, start the game and play)!

Donґt know, what they specifically search, but Blindwrite seems to be "blacklisted" somehow...

(I first tried and "cleaned" my registry from some old references to "VAX347S" and "A347SCSI", donґt know, why these entrys still resided, but maybe they too had some influence)

Comment

You don't have to uninstall blindwrite 6, just disable ez-play...
                            Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                            X