Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selective autorun disable (command line)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective autorun disable (command line)?

Hi.
    Daemon tools is invaluable to me.
    It let's my kids change game without the hassle of changing discs (and misplacing them!), but..

Some older games insists on starting the setup/install program when the disc is inserted!
    I want to be able to selectively disable/enable autoun for the virtual drive from a batch file sa some games start perfectly on autorun.
    I've downloaded deamon scipt but finds nothing there how t do it.
    I've tried using reg.exe to enable/disable general autostart but to no effect.
    Can I use daemon script to do this and if so how??

Yes, Daemon Script will do this. When you process the command to Mount an image, there's a checkbox to "Enable disc autorun/autoplay". Just uncheck it.

Comment

Ahh no, that won't do.
      I don't want my 5 year old son to have to go onte deamon tools an chek/uncheck boxes.

I wan't to be able to mount the cd form command line and from the command line enable/disable autostart.
      Some games should autostart, most of them actually so I don't have to write a batch file for those, just change the shortcut to a line with deamon mouinting the file and thus autostarting.
      But the exceptions I wan't to be able to mount from a batch file without autostarting, without the need of cheking/uncheckin boxes.
      keep it simple (for the user, not for me).

But thanks for replying !

Comment

You obviously misread what I typed. I said in "Daemon Script" there's an option to check or uncheck autorun/autoplay. You select it when you're creating the DaemonScript shortcut. Once it's selected, it's done automatically when you run the script.

Comment

Ahh, yes I misunderstod you!
          Thanks!!!

Comment

Hey guys i don't know if this fall into the same category but check this out:

i sucessfully installed a game with a mounted image. Then i click on the desktop shortcut and i hear my default cd drive spinning and it said please insert playdisc.

Damn thing is that the playdisc is mounted with daemon tool...

So i tried to remount the cd and wait for the autorun menu and it said error game launching.

thx in advance

Comment

First:
              -How did you create your imeage (program and settings you used?) ?
              -WHich Game is it?
              -Which protection does it have?
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Shininggg View Post
                thx in advance
                you got mail

Comment

Working...
                X