Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Good PC Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good PC Games

With the holiday season coming up, I'd thought I would ask my family for some PC games.

However I am having a bit of difficulty choosing what PC games I may want.

I Like anything that's a First Person Shooter, or a Survival Horror game, Adventure Game, I also like some specific kinds of Third Person Shooters/Action Games.

I am Looking for games in the $9.99 - $19.99 or $29.99 range. The games must have an Excellent Story/Plot , I always love a good, Exciting, moving or Compelling Story in a game.

Also I probably wouldn't mind trying out an RPG for once.

Also It doesn't matter what the Games Rating is, as long as it's not Childish, Although I would Prefer games rated "Teen" or "Mature".

Also Btw the games Must Not Contain Starforce.

Are there any games that fit the catagories I mentioned?

I'd be thankful if anyone can give me some suggestions

Also here's a short list of games I already own:

1.) Quake 4

2.) Doom 3

3.) Silent Hill 3

4.) Silent Hill 4: The Room

5.) Max Payne

6.) Max Payne 2

7.) The Matrix - Path of Neo

8.) Sonic Heroes

Thank You if Anyone Can give me any Suggestions

Experienced User

Half-Life 2 (relatively long and satisfying), Prey (short, but good story). I'm not sure of the prices on those, however. Oooo...for an RPG, even if you aren't a Star Wars fan try Star Wars Kinghts of the old Republic (1 and 2...start with one obviously), I loved the story in that. Oblivion...that's a good one too, not sure if that's in your price range. There's an older game, Beyond Good and Evil, that's definitely in your price range, excellent story (like participating in a movie).
    Last edited by estimablesir : 15.11.2006 at 00:26

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Knights of Honor is also a very good game
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Second Sight
    it isn't very new but it has a good story and good grafic
    d-burner loging out

Experienced User

Half Life 2 is a MUST for you! Can't believe you haven't played it.
    Also very good is the add-on for Doom 3 - Resurrection of Evil.
    Then you should play Far Cry and give Battlefield 2 and Brothers in Arms a try.

Actually I already own Half-Life 2 and Far Cry, I just didn't want to mention them all, otherwise the list of games I own would of been longer.

To Sum it up, the Other Games I own are:

1.) Splinter Cell, and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

2.) Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, and Athena Sword.

3.) Grand Theft Auto III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas.

4.) Devastation

5.) Unreal and Unreal Tournament 2004

6.) T3: War of the Machines

7.) Red Faction 2

8.) Global Operations

9.) True Crime: Streets of LA

10.) Tony Hawk's Underground 2

11.) Enter The Matrix

12.) Midnight Club 2

Along with the games mentioned in my first post, Far Cry, and Half-Life 2, are the games I already own.

Btw My PC is not fast enough to play games like F.E.A.R W/O Major Slowdown/Lag

My Current PC is only a Celeron D 330 @ 2.66 Ghz, BFG Geforce FX 5500 OC, and 1024 Megs of ram.

I will be building a new system soon. Hopefully a Dual Core Conroe System, with a Geforce 7900 GS all going to be bought from newegg.

So games like F.E.A.R, with tons of eyecandy will have to hold off till I can build a better system

if u want to try a good rpg get morrowind or oblivian they are great games a masive story line i beat ull never beat it

New User

Frage hm

Im surprised that Quake 4 would be your favourite pc game. Thats a really fun game but its not as fun as the games out there like Diablo and warcraft ( not a good game either) age of empires......i would rate quake probably 4th on my list

Quote Originally Posted by craftyfirestorm View Post
    hey i'll be quick

games you should be able to play
    dead space
    timeshift
    left 4 dead
    fallout 3
    bioshock
    and if you like a new kind of fps check out portal

games you will be able to play if you dont mind real classics
    dues ex and dues ex - invisible war (2 seperate games not an expantion)
    system shock 2
    (but not ss1 it's very bad + no-one sells it an y more not even online)
    though ss2 is pretty pricey for a old game (around 30$) i think its exactly what your looking for its a fps and a rpg

ps some of those games up the top may be out of ur price range for some time

pps those last few games may not be sold at a games store anymore (check online)
    I know it's been a while, but I now have Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, and Bioshock.

Quote Originally Posted by 78uh View Post
    Im surprised that Quake 4 would be your favourite pc game. Thats a really fun game but its not as fun as the games out there like Diablo and warcraft ( not a good game either) age of empires......i would rate quake probably 4th on my list
    I never said it was my favorite, it's just one of the games I own in my collection.

To think how much my PC game collection has grown since starting this thread, not only do I have a bunch of retail games, I also have a bunch of games I purchased through Steam. I have to have at least over a 100+ PC games, I would of had more if I hadn't sold some of my PC games to Gamestop back when they were still accepting trade ins for PC games.

Since I started this thread I've built myself a fairly nice PC with a Core2Duo E8500, Geforce 9800 GT, 4 GB DDR2 Dual Channel Ram, and Windows 7 x64.
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme2damax View Post
    ....The games must have an Excellent Story/Plot , I always love a good, Exciting, moving or Compelling Story in a game.

Also I probably wouldn't mind trying out an RPG for once.

Then you should try out Dragon Age: Origins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast