Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sptd

Comment

I installed Daemon Tools on vista without problems. However when the new device wizard appears asking me for the drivers for the virtual SCSI CDRom device I can't manage to find a working driver for it. Any idea?

Comment

What, exactly, do I delete? I don't see anything named r0... Cfg (which won't open) and Enum are under Sptd.

Comment

If you don't see r0 then there must not be such error.
          Just install SPTD and reboot as it says.

Comment

I have rebooted many times, and the message remains (in the DTools installation). The SPTD installation, however, acknowledges that SPTD 1.38 is installed (if I try to remove it asks to confirm that I want to remove it, if I try to install it it says it is already present).

Comment

Read this thread then.

Comment

Problem solved! That was easy.

Comment

That link is broken.

Comment

Yes, we updated the forum software, which apparently changed the file/folder hierarchy.

Read this then.
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i can install but i cant get a drive letter assigned to the mounted image in vista RTM. I treid some tips on this forum to install the drivers for the found virtual drive but vista dont accepts the cdrom.inf cos it isnt 32bit or something. So anyone knows how to fix this???

i really need DT

Comment

Vista Ultimate x86 works but not Business

I installed vista ultimate wich let me install dt no problems,
                        i then had to format it and use my real license with business, and it hasnt worked since then.
                        tried all of the fixes on this page but the 1's on other post to no avail ill list the 1's i have tried.

-delete the reg keys system\controlset002 ect...
                        -use admin account diable all others
                        -delete stpd.sys from system32
                        -install stpd stand alone
                        -low level format then install vista again

any more ideas would be very greatful oh my specs are

AMD 3000+ 64 Athlon
                        1gb ddr400
                        nforce 4 chipset
                        a8n deluxe sli m/b
                        3 samsung spin point dvd drives
                        7800gt

- NO programs installed (fresh installation to debug)

Comment

Originally Posted by scottrotton View Post
                          I installed vista ultimate wich let me install dt no problems,
                          i then had to format it and use my real license with business, and it hasnt worked since then.
                          Care to elaborate on what kind of license you used to install Vista Ultimate?
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

License

I used the trial license, which has nothing to do with you as i am not, nore intend to voliate any laws. I also never advise anyone else to and dont know why this post has been flagged.

I am a volume license user and am able to download any files i require direct from the microsoft website.

Thanks for your concern

Comment

Working...
                            X