How to patch Cd checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to patch Cd checks

How do I fix any game exe so that it no longer includes the CD check? I found a tutorial but it was hard to read and I tried it unsuccessfully. I heard that you need a win32 debugger and a hex editor and a disassembler- I am not sure what all of those things do. I have a vague general idea..hex editor aparently lets you view machine code as hex..disassembler displays code within an exe or other file that has been complied...debugger i am not quite sure, attatches to a file running and checks for errors in code maybe? If you could point me to some good tutorials I would greatly appreciate it. This is for game I already own, so tampering with it would only be for backup reasons.

I need to learn the basics of defeating CD checks before moving on to more advanced things like SecuRom, safedisc, etc. If you guys could help me with this I would be very thankful becuase I've searched the web and can't find anything on it.

What you're referring to is cracking the game executable, which is not permitted discussion on this forum.

Comment

Well, I guess you're right. Ok never mind then.

Comment

Always important to read the site rules before posting.

Here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/rules.php

Comment

Working...
        X