Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: DAEMON Tools 4.0.8 killed my DVD device

Delete the drive in device manager then re boot your system and let windows find it again.

Does DT 4.08 perfectly surrport Vista?
    I wonder......

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by forest503 View Post
    Does DT 4.08 perfectly surrport Vista?
    I wonder......
    Aye. Runs damn well.
    Carpe diem

New User

I have the same problem as well, I installed Daemon tools 4.0.8. and my NEC dvd drive no longer works, I have uninstalled it from system properties, as well as uninstalled Daemon tools, refreshed system properties and it still will not install the drivers, it says under details " The drivers are missing or corrupt". I have also tried uninstalling both daemon tool and the NEC drive, then restarting the computer, as well as physically replacing the drive with another DVD drive that I have (lite on) and yet it still will not install drivers for ANY cd or DvD rom device.

Master

What happens if you uninstall SPTD? Use the standalone installer from the downloads section to remove it.

hi, i can confirm the issue on vista as im suffering from it ... no more dvd or cd media :$

now i wanne ask whats SPTD ?
    and how do i use it for this speculated fix ?

thkx

Master

SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) is the bus driver for the virtual drives. It must be installed for the virtual drives to operate. But if you think it's causing a problem, you can try uninstalling it to test.

I uninstalled everything! deinstalled dt, SPTD, the cd/dvd devices and still my devices dont wanna work again!

- using vista x64

any chance to get them back without reinstall windows? :|

Unglücklich System Restore

I had exactly the same problem with my vista.

I also have an XP box and it keeps saying "Invalid Device..."
    and I got all sort of error message such as "..exe is not a valid win32 program..", "not enough storage..." until all windows goes black color. I then had to restart machine. I followed many of uninstall/installation tips in this site. Non of them worked. D-Tool worked on my machine very well until I recently installed 4.XX version 3.XX worked like charm.

Maybe just bad luck on my both vista and xp have some clumsy drivers... who knows what...

For my vista, My DVD/CD rom is back in action after I did "system restore" just look for "SPTD" among restore points. Hope this helps some of you.

I have the same problem.
    DT did not install in windows vista and also removed my DVD device. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast