No announcement yet.

DAEMON Tools 4.0.8 killed my DVD device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, i can confirm the issue on vista as im suffering from it ... no more dvd or cd media :$

now i wanne ask whats SPTD ?
    and how do i use it for this speculated fix ?

thkx

Comment

SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) is the bus driver for the virtual drives. It must be installed for the virtual drives to operate. But if you think it's causing a problem, you can try uninstalling it to test.

Comment

I uninstalled everything! deinstalled dt, SPTD, the cd/dvd devices and still my devices dont wanna work again!

- using vista x64

any chance to get them back without reinstall windows? :|

Comment

System Restore

I had exactly the same problem with my vista.

I also have an XP box and it keeps saying "Invalid Device..."
          and I got all sort of error message such as "..exe is not a valid win32 program..", "not enough storage..." until all windows goes black color. I then had to restart machine. I followed many of uninstall/installation tips in this site. Non of them worked. D-Tool worked on my machine very well until I recently installed 4.XX version 3.XX worked like charm.

Maybe just bad luck on my both vista and xp have some clumsy drivers... who knows what...

For my vista, My DVD/CD rom is back in action after I did "system restore" just look for "SPTD" among restore points. Hope this helps some of you.

Comment

I have the same problem.
            DT did not install in windows vista and also removed my DVD device. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Comment

System Restore has the SPTD restore point but when I initiate a system restore, after restart it says that the restore was unsuccessful and no files were changed.
              An older restore point says the same thing.

Vista Ultimate
              Dell D620
              DVD/CD Combo: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D ATA Device

Comment

How do you remove SPDT?

I found a fix for the problem but the problem has recurred once so far, even though DT is uninstalled.

I used the following REGEDIT:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
                "UpperFilters"=-
                "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]

Comment

I solved my problem with a different registry edit.

I got the following information first from this forum: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/tsstco...-vista-215309/

And then I followed this link to the microsoft site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Basically, I just deleted the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry entries. Then I got my DVD drive back in Computer and it seems to be working fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X