Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Big Warning Message

Experienced User

inform downloaders of the risk of installing DT BEFORE they need help unscrewing their computers.
    There is a risk when installing anything. If don't wanna take the risk, dont install DT. Better even, don't install any program

Ausrufezeichen

After all we always said if you don't know what you're doing don't use Daemon Tools.
    There is a risk when installing anything. If don't wanna take the risk, dont install DT. Better even, don't install any program
    My point is that a warning something along the lines of these statements would be great, without requiring the search of large forums = clearly display it next to DT download links. It would prevent a lot of people's problems before they occur, especially those who mistake DT as a standard application and not a driver.

Master

I can guarantee you that even if a warning was placed on the download page that there would STILL be people who would complain and would never read it. How do I know? People never read the "Read this first" stickied posts in forums. People never read the instructions. And most importantly, people still don't read the message on the download page about the adware in the DTools download and come here to complain about it. The idea isn't a bad one, just pointless, because people don't bother to read.

New User

i just wish it didn't confect with softice...

Master

It shouldn't, it just won't work when a debugger is active (for hopefully obvious reasons).

New User

I've been running DT (various versions on various system configurations) since 2002 and I've never had a single problem running it. To the originator of this thread, I would strongly urge you to post your system specs; I am certain a great deal of light can be shed over the cause, remedy and future prevention of such experiences!

I've never had a problem either (except that I couldn't rename the virtual drives yesterday but now I can strangely enough) and I've been using it since v.3.47 (I think).

If people don't read the "readmes", notifications before install and stickied threads on forums then it's their own damn fault! It's just like people who don't read safety precautions on machines in factorys and workshops.

But something that the DT team can do would be to have a sticky with incompatible programs and explain whos fault it is that DT doesn't work with those programs and why (if they don't already got that, haven't checked all their forums).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12