Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Exit Daemon Tools from batch

Default Exit Daemon Tools from batch

Sorry for the strange request, but is there an elegant way to exit the program from the command line and not from the Exit menu?
    I know I could use the command "taskkill /F /IM daemon.exe", but I really doubt it regularly closes the program (and nevertheless it's surely not elegant!!!
    I'm trying to automatize a procedure where it could be convenient for me temporarly exit Daemon Tools.
    Thank You
    Marco

Experienced User

If that was possible, then all copy protections would use the method. I dont think it is possible. DT hardly uses any memory anyway

Quote Originally Posted by al1uk View Post
    If that was possible, then all copy protections would use the method. I dont think it is possible. DT hardly uses any memory anyway
    ..mmh you have a point here.
    I'm really a "week-end only programmer", so I was so engaged with my "stupid" procedure that didn't consider the consequence of what I was asking.
    Thank you for your clarification.
    P.S. and about using the command taskkill, I hadn't tested when I wrote my thread, but now I have seen that it seems only to close the managing console, remaining DT fully working (and I assume it's for the same reason you explained me)

EDIT: but couldn't be possible to ask for a confirmation (only if in secure mode) just like the unmount and emulation off options.
    Sorry, perhaps I'm totally dumb here, but I really cannot see any difference between the two situations
    Last edited by marcocale : 12.01.2007 at 00:10 Reason: A successive thought