No announcement yet.

Settings lost on system reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, so i downloaded and installed the new 4.08 with 1.39 today, and i'm having the same problem. i checked the release date in the news section and i see Nov.2006. So, for two month, such a small bug (to make the icon go away) is still left unfixed? o_O

Comment

downgraded to 4.06. sigh

Comment

Is there a way to stop the auto-mounted disks from popping up a window that explores the files on them? I thought this problem had been fixed, but its still happening =(. Used previous versions on a different comp and I had no problem leaving auto-mount on without the damn windows popping up at startup.

Ali.

Comment

have you tried uninstalling, reboot, clear all temporary memory, reinstall, reboot?

Comment

Ok I have repeated the process for 1.40 and 1.39 also but all failed. At reboot the image contents reappear and the system tray is there as usual even though autostart is ---.

The only one where there is some success is sptd 1.38. The system tray is there as usual but at least the image contents don't show up anymore. So I am sticking with 1.38 for now. 1 problem down but 1 more to go

Comment

One way...

Seems that I'm not the onlyone with this 4.08 problem.
              So, if it's not noted in the bug list, I will make darn sure it will be after this note..

Here is a few ways to "fix" it.. (May or maynot work)

¤ Reinstall DaemonTools.
              ¤ Upgrade to SPTD1.40
              ¤ Install SPTD first (download from their site). Install SPTD, reboot. Install Daemontools, set daemontools settings as you like it.. Reboot.
              ¤ Downgrade to 4.06 (Ehm... right.)

¤Just live with it..

Comment

Hm.. sorry, but the only thing that works is to uninstall 4.08 and reinstall 4.06. (Install 4.06 with latest sptd (1.42 awm))

Version 4.08 is one big fubar.

Comment

You can get those files here:
                  SPTD 1.42
                  Daemon Tools v4.06

Comment

Same problem, about to downgrade.

Comment

Ok I have fixed the problem of daemon tools always starting at startup even when I specify it not to.
                      The solution was to repair Windows XP. Yeah this meant that I had to install SPTD and update windows and all that stuff again, but at least the problem is finally solved. Maybe it was a system file or registry key that got corrupted before.

Comment

I'm about to do the same repair of Windows XP myself. I never had a problem with 4.06 but I installed 4.08 and the problems were just as everyone else noted: Zero drives at bootup, all emulation modes off and only AutoStart and Tray Icon were ticked. If I set options and emulations to my preference they disappeared at reboot. Uninstalled, ran ccleaner, installed and I was able to get one drive to remain at boot but the other problems remained.

I'll try updating my SPTD to v1.42 first, maybe even uninstalling both DT4.08 and SPTD, reboot, cclean and install 4.06. I'll post my findings if anyone is interested.

PA

Comment

Okay, so I uninstalled Daemon Tools 4.08 and ran the latest installer for SPTD and chose to uninstall. Rebooted, installed version 1.42 of SPTD then rebooted and installed DT4.08. It remembered the settings but at each boot it would autorun my EYEQ program since I have an image file mounted. I uninstalled DT and SPTD and went back to DT4.06 and all is well.

I can't find version 1.38 of SPTD so there's no way I can test that version with DT 4.08 so if anyone knows where they are storing the archived versions I would appreciate it.

On a lighter note, I've never had problems with 4.06 and since Safedisc 4.6+ doesn't get eliminated by any existing version of DT there's no real reason for me to upgrade. Keep up the good work though!

PA

Comment

This is my last post for this topic. After reading this posting:

I uninstalled SPTD and DT4.06 then installed DT 4.08 rebooted. I had to use the SPTD installer for 1.42 to uninstall the version installed with 4.08 rebooted then installed SPTD 1.38 and it works like a charm. All parameters are saved and the image doesn't autorun at boot-time. Kudos to stpaul216612 for his fine posting.

Btw, I was able to find the installer for version 1.38 on DuplexSecure web page.

PA

Comment

trouble finding sptd 1.38? use this

for those of you who can't find SPTD v1.38, here is a link to a version of DT 4.08 with SPTD v1.38. I was lucky enough to get this before they released the version with SPTD v1.39. Enjoy.

Comment

What for? SPTD v1.42 should fix the issue, and it is NOT recommended to install obsolete SPTD layer version, as the newer versions contain important fixes.
                                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                                X