No announcement yet.

Settings lost on system reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because istalling SPTD v1.42 wasn't fixing this problem for everyone, but everyone that reverted back to SPTD v1.38 seemed to no longer have any problems.

Comment

This is my story on the subject...

I had the same problems as described in this thread:
      - After a reboot, Daemon Tools settings and the number of virtual drives had reverted to a previous state
      - After a reboot, any mounted images would also trigger the autorun

Daemon Tools v4.08HE
      SPTD upgraded from 1.39 to 1.42

Now the settings seem to be saved properly, but it still pops up the autorun for all auto-mounted images after a reboot. This renders the automount option pretty useless and I had to turn it off (and fortunately it saves!)...

Does HE stand for Highly Experimental perhaps? Any status on a fix?

Comment

Originally Posted by onyx108 View Post
        because istalling SPTD v1.42 wasn't fixing this problem for everyone, but everyone that reverted back to SPTD v1.38 seemed to no longer have any problems.
        If version 1.42 has important fixes then it shouldn't have started causing problems that a lot of us began to experience upon upgrading. I say if you downgrade and your system functions without any problems then that's good enough for me. Personally I would only do the upgrade to 1.42 if a system had a particular issue that was fixed by this new upgrade. Otherwise why 'fix' something that isn't broken.
        Now I've not tried to install this newest release of Daemon-Tools, so I don't know if the problem has been resolved. I'll do some testing this weekend to see what happens.
        Kind Regards,
        PA

Comment

Working...
        X