Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: YASU 1.06 bombs when IDE drives on RAID controller

  1. #1

    Default YASU 1.06 bombs when IDE drives on RAID controller

    I've moved both of my optical drives an onboard RAID contoller instead on the standard IDE ports. When I try to run it - it bombs out and XP offers me the usual error report dialogue.
    Mind you I have since found out the the game, Neverwinter Nights 2, runs fine now with out YASU any way! Probably because I now have no standard IDE drives.
    The RAID contoller is the one that ships with VIA 890 chipset for AMD 64

  2. #2
    Experienced User

    Join Date
    27.09.2005
    Posts
    822

    Default

    think its a known issue,
    crashes around 401BEE ?
    if so 1.07 (due soon i hear) will fix it

  3. #3
    Experienced User
    sYk0's Avatar
    Join Date
    27.12.2005
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Just to be sure, did Y.A.S.U 1.05 also crash on your machine?
    Or is the problem only with 1.06?
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monaco87 View Post
    I've moved both of my optical drives an onboard RAID contoller instead on the standard IDE ports. When I try to run it - it bombs out and XP offers me the usual error report dialogue.
    Mind you I have since found out the the game, Neverwinter Nights 2, runs fine now with out YASU any way! Probably because I now have no standard IDE drives.
    The RAID contoller is the one that ships with VIA 890 chipset for AMD 64
    I have my devices on RAID controller as well, and it works fine here. Have you tried to disable the normal error report [aka Send Report to Microsoft] and let Windows pop up a better error?
    And which version of DT and SPTD driver are you using?
    Last edited by FnF : 15.01.2007 at 15:16
    CureROM Support Team

  5. #5

    Default

    Version 1.06 is the first version that I have used though I posted this issue here more for the benefit of others.
    Since I moved all my optical devices to the RAID IDE channel I no longer need to hide Daemon Tools from SecureRom. Well it works fine for the latest patch on NeverWinter Nights anyway, no YASU or CureRom needed!
    Just to test I tried ignoring the error send but I then don't get the drive report dialogue.

  6. #6
    TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR


    Join Date
    20.08.2005
    Posts
    654

    Default

    You don't need to use YASU for playing NWN 2.
    .
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    .
    .
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    .
    .
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bismax View Post
    You don't need to use YASU for playing NWN 2.
    I definitley did before moving my drives to the RAID controller. Otherwise I got a message telling me I needed to move the disk to one of the other drives in my system. Latest NWN2 patch.

  8. #8
    TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR


    Join Date
    20.08.2005
    Posts
    654

    Default

    I've got DT v4.08 with SPTD v1.28, the NWN2 image is on my second HDD.

    No RAID modus activated.

    No YASU, CureROm, etc. needed to start.
    .
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    .
    .
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    .
    .
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

  9. #9
    Master
    Jito463's Avatar
    Join Date
    24.05.2005
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    What about IDE optical drives?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bismax View Post
    I've got DT v4.08 with SPTD v1.28, the NWN2 image is on my second HDD.
    No RAID modus activated.
    No YASU, CureROm, etc. needed to start.
    My old set up (YASU required)
    2 HD on primary IDE
    2 optical on secondary IDE
    Image on disk0 Windows (disk1 is Solaris)
    New setup (YASU not required)
    2HD on primary IDE
    1 HD on secondary IDE
    2 optical on VIA 890 RAID ATA
    Image on disk0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •