This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post
    I would, but I only recieve money as cash, don't have a bank account, nor a credit or debit card.
    I could get my mother to use her card, I just don't know how she would feel with ordering or giving out her number to a website that she never heard of.
    I will support daemon-tools as soon as I can get the money and get my mother to use her card.
    I know I'm 23 and still living with my parents, not good to be living with them at this age.
    I am a bit confused though, I hope you were only joking and not flaming me, it's not really my fault for my current situation, well maybe it is a little
    You are 23 years old and don't have a bank account? LOL
    You are a very poor guy.

Comment

Originally Posted by korn2006 View Post
      You are 23 years old and don't have a bank account? LOL
      You are a very poor guy.
      Sensible I'd say! ... having a bank account in my country is the quickest way for a youngster to get into debt
      Last edited by joeboy; 20.01.2007, 22:58.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
        I asking myself why they are so nuts about us. We always
        treated them with respect, unlike so many others. I fear
        someone over there will soon prepare some voodoo-puppet or
        something like this. My opinion: Maybe we should get rid-off of
        the SF-emulation to make them happy
        yeah i agree with LocutusofBorg removing al sf support , after sf drivers make me reinstall my windows i never ever again buy rt install sf games so lets them be happy.
        Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
        ATI HD2900XT 512mb
        Asrock dual-sata2
        2gb DDR400 Dual
        X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

Well I consider myself quite a gamer becuase I play a wide extent of different games and have done so since early 90's (yes I was only 6 years old when I started and never stopped :P) as such I've always ben a fan to games more than to their lvl of protection. I try my best to avoid any games that has Star Force as a protection system because it has screwed up my system more than I like to remember and as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't even touch it with a 6 foot pole... However much I can understand those hardcore gamers who refuse to buy games because of their protection I cannot however agree with them. The company making the games need to insure their product and as such must seek to protect it from piracy, this is understandable.
          However much I hate Star Force I will never stop supporting my favorite games and producers simply because of the protection used on them might seriously screw things up (granted that happened only in the earlier versions), my quarrel as such is with the producers of Star Force and te trouble they cause me when I try to save my original CD's by using Image's or No CD "patches" and not the producers of the game.

I think it is sad when a protection utility forces people to abandon their support to their favorite games and producers.
          Just shows that a bad call by the top managment of a company will cost the tech teams who make the games alot of devout fans...
          Seeker of Truths.
          Lost in Darkness.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
            I asking myself why they are so nuts about us. We always
            treated them with respect, unlike so many others. I fear
            someone over there will soon prepare some voodoo-puppet or
            something like this. My opinion: Maybe we should get rid-off of
            the SF-emulation to make them happy
            Nice feedback guys.

Can assure DT team that everybody here respects you and reloaded as peculiar competitors. Everybody derides press-release language but everybody uses it as this is somekind of market law at the moment.
            Sure it will be not bad if DT team will be so kind to rid-off SF emulation he-he:-D . But then things will become boring... won't they?
            Looking at "bug report" and "support" section on this forum, and keep in mind all protection's drivers problem we believe that such low-level wars will last forever and brings headache only for the user. That's why the optical media should be excluded from the game. The "backup" technology will make DT useless.

Comment

Hey Nerva, when will your forum be up again? I dare you

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                Hey Nerva, when will your forum be up again? I dare you
                dunno
                I belive that forum is important thing for all softaware companies, but seems that i'm alone with this point of view here.
                Imho - when we'v opened forums we wanted to help users and make talk on copy protection in general, but recived almost only bashing, silly spamming and hackers attaks. In that situation forums seems haven't realized its role and after one serious haker invasion has been closed.
                May be some time we will reopen it.

Comment

Originally Posted by nerva View Post
                  dunno
                  I belive that forum is important thing for all softaware companies, but seems that i'm alone with this point of view here.
                  Imho - when we'v opened forums we wanted to help users and make talk on copy protection in general, but recived almost only bashing, silly spamming and hackers attaks. In that situation forums seems haven't realized its role and after one serious haker invasion has been closed.
                  May be some time we will reopen it.
                  Please let it closed!
                  Last edited by korn2006; 24.01.2007, 11:50.

Comment

Originally Posted by korn2006 View Post
                    Please let it closed!
                    I dissagree, and i think the hacking excuse is lame, hell if you cant protect your own servers how do you expect to protect a companys software.

Get the forum open again, it gave the possible customers of your product a chance to see how the end user of their products view your protection system. Maybe thats why its closed ???

Comment

That's why the optical media should be excluded from the game. The "backup" technology will make DT useless.
                      In which version will the long announced backup tool be introduced ? What kind of DRM will it use ?

P.S.: Ever heard of moderated forums ?
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I dissagree, and i think the hacking excuse is lame, hell if you cant protect your own servers how do you expect to protect a companys software.
                        Nobody can protect thier forum if it used open source engine. Even with all security patches. To have safe forum its need to wright your own engine.

Get the forum open again, it gave the possible customers of your product a chance to see how the end user of their products view your protection system. Maybe thats why its closed ???
                        What answer do you like to recive?

In which version will the long announced backup tool be introduced ? What kind of DRM will it use ?
                        Version 4.7. Same as StarForce ProActive shema.

Comment

Nobody can protect thier forum if it used open source engine. Even with all security patches. To have safe forum its need to wright your own engine.
                          Unless you know what you are doing and can custom code and fix any potential exploits that are not uncovered yet and secure any variables, ect.. used in the forum software. If you are expecting something like PHPBB, vBulletin, ect.. to be secure from a vanilla install even with latest updates, then yeah, you would be right. However, even so you do not need to write a complete forum from the ground up to make it secure, you simply need to know what you are doing and know how to go through, find, and secure things if they are coded in a way that could be potentially exploited. My own forums have had over 1800 hack attempts according to raw logs and the custom logging code I had wrote for it, not one has gotten in yet. but again, one thing I do know is PHP Security specifically. And im talking everything ranging from XSS to SQL Injection. Nothing is ever 100% even if you wrote your own, but you can make it damn close.
                          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

4.70.006.004, 02.02.07
                            Install with patch. Before - starforce 4.5.
                            When run from image - message, that emulation program detected.
                            Game: neverwinter nights russian, patch 1.04.

Comment

Sounds like simple blacklisting (which in fact is a sign of weakness)

Comment

By the way, this is not the good thread. NWN2 is securom protected.
                                Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                                X