Yasu + battlefield 2142 1.10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yasu + battlefield 2142 1.10?

Is anyone able to get Battlefield 2142 working after patch 1.10?

From what i understand it uses safedisc 4.7 which yasu can usually hide your drives from but im having no success. I just get the 'please insert install disc' type messages, etc. Im using 1.07 as well of course.

Works fine with Alcohol on my machine, don't need any tools.

Comment

Yeah, just works fine here.
      CureROM Support Team

Comment

You guys serious? I swear to god i cant get it working with dt (4.08), yasu 1.07 or alcohol (1.9.5 build 4212).

It used to work using a burned blindwrite image but stopped when i patched it up.

Comment

Why would you be using such an obselete version of Alcohol? 1.9.6.4719 is the current version.

Comment

Latest doesnt work either. This is strange..

Comment

The problem i have with BF2142 is that if YASU is running BF2142 won't authenticate the disk. I have to restart the computer completely (even rerunning YASU to turn it off doesnt work). Which is an irritation since i can't set YASU to run on startup and if i do run it, i have to reboot before i play BF2142.

Comment

Add -nosd to the startup command line for YASU. It disables the Safedisc anti-blacklisting.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                  Works fine with Alcohol on my machine, don't need any tools.
                  Well, now i'm just curious. The only way that i can get it to work on my machine is by disabling any IDE drives, is that the case with you as well Jito463?
                  It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Add -nosd to the startup command line for YASU. It disables the Safedisc anti-blacklisting.
                    I saw someone else on this forum suggest that as well. I thought it was rather strange that youd need to disable the blacklisting to get the game working in the first place o_O I tried it anyway but no dice.

Comment

Do you have 2142 and YASU running at the same time?

Comment

No, I don't have YASU on my system. Well, I do, but I never use it. My home machine has no internal IDE drives, just an external USB DVD±RW drive. My second PC, however, has my DVD±RW as an internal on the IDE channel and it still works fine. Possibly due to the NForce4 chipset, as I know in the past it's caused problems for the copy protections.

Comment

Well, hopefully SYKO has a copy of BF2142 he can try it out on. Once you run YASU, the only solution is to reboot the computer before you can play BF2142 again.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrfurious View Post
                            Well, hopefully SYKO has a copy of BF2142 he can try it out on. Once you run YASU, the only solution is to reboot the computer before you can play BF2142 again.
                            Problem here is that damnly depends on the system used, and what kind of chipset you have in your computer. Just an example, on a nForce 4 mobo, if I use xp pro sp2, I can play Toca 3 without having to unplug my ide burner (just disabling it in the config panel or whatever is the English name). Same computer, XP x64... no way to play without unpluging. On the contrary, I have more problems on xp sp2 with safedisk/securom games than on the 64bits systems.
                            Carpe diem

Comment

Actually, i just use YASU for securom games, so disabling safedisc -nosd solves the problem for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X