No announcement yet.

yasu 1.07 doesn't work on winxp sp2 for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do if nothing is listed under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices ?

Comment

When i tried using YASU get an error saying
      yasu was unable to hide any devices for securom 7.x, this may due to insufficient user priviledges. any changes that have been made will be reversed. if this problem persists contact your admin administrator. click ok to exit yasu.
      but i am on administrator account already.
      As you wrote i run the regedit but i could not open the "mounted devices".You wrote that there is a tool which can fix my problem.
      Would you help me and send me the tool to my e-mai:
      antonloukanov@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
        Step 1:
        open your registry, go to the key... "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices"
        Right-Click on the key "MountedDevices" select "Permissions"...

Step 2:
        You should now have the "Permissions fo MountedDevices" dialog open...
        Now go through the items in "Group or user name:"
        check for the item(s)... "Administrators (xxx\Administrators) (where xxx is the/your user name)" & "SYSTEM"
        Under each of the above items, check the permissions (below)...
        Now make sure that in the "Deny" column that "Full Control" & "Read" are Unchecked...
        Click "Apply" then "OK", reboot your PC...

Hopefully, you should be able to access this key via regedit, if so then YASU will function normally...

Hi there,
        This thing is very well explained (see quote). I had the same issue and tried to figure out the steps as shown above. At first action, when applied the steps, yasu didn't work at once for me...although the solution shown above worked for some others who wrote in this topic...so I had to go some deeper in the advanced settings.

WHENEVER YOU'RE ABOUT TO EDIT THE REGISTER FIRST OF ALL MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT REGISTER. DON'T DO ANYTHING IF YOU'RE NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCES OR ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS. OTHERWISE WHEN MESSING UP THE REGISTER YOU GET A CHANGE TO HARM YOUR SYSTEM IN A BAD WAY. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND AT ALL COSTS.

To make a backup of your current register: run regedit > choose FILE in menu-bar > choose EXPORT > NAME IT and SAVE.

First, as told, you've to be sure you have administrator rights 'cause otherwise you can't edit these steps. second (this was important for me to get yasu running well), you must change the users(xxxxx\users) permissions aswel with the administrator and administrators and your own windows account:[your account](xxxxx\your account) and SYSTEM account.First change your admin rights by the following steps:in the second screen (shown above) choose advanced then choose the owner-tab and highlight your logged (active) account and click "apply". Go to the first tab (permissions) and highlight the users(xxxxx\users) account and click "edit". Now check the boxes on the first row under allow, click "OK" in this window and then "apply" and "OK" in the first dialog window. At this point, all the active devices-value's in the MountedDevices-key have come visible in the right field. Close regedit and reboot. YASU 1.07 should work now, at least it worked for me this way.

The reason I've post this is to offer some additional help. Without the help and knowledge of sYk0 (see quote above) I was a kind of lost with the yasu issue.
        So THX to him.

Comment

Working...
        X