• Show
Clear All

• DTools, Quake1/Quake2 and soundtracks

Operating System: Windows XP /Windows ME
    Burning Software: Nero 5.9/ CloneCD 4
    Anti-virus Software: Avast! Home
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

Hi!
    I created images of Quake1 and Quake 2 discs. Images are good, I can mount and install game or hear the soundtracks by the Windows Media Player.
    But when I play the game, I can't play soundtracks. I search the forum and found solution - change the virtual cd-rom's letter to next after last hdd partition. It's works BUT only under Windows ME. Under Windows XP Pro game can't detect disk in drive, and when I insert game CD in my real CD-ROM, game will find the CD and play soundtracks. Looks like under Windows XP game don't see virtual Cd-ROM or can't use him. In Quake's technical reference I can read "Quake will use first CD-ROM in system", and if I remove letters (under Windows XP disc management) of all my real CD-ROM drives, game will see virtual CD-ROM. If I set a letter (next to letter of virtual CD-ROM, i.e. virtual CD-ROM has a "H" letter, I set a letter "I" to real CD-ROM) to any real CD-ROM - game will not see virtual CD-ROM - looks like virtual CD-ROM is not a first CD-ROM in system.
    Question: how I can use these images under Windows XP without removing letters to my real CD-ROMs ? I cen't remove letters, play the game, quit the game, assigning letters, make some work, remove letters, play the quake etc etc.
    Is there any solution except working under Windows ME ? Maybe next version of Daemon Tools ???
    Sorry for my English :-).
    Of course I test any combination analog/digital audio...
    Regards
    Roman

You should address this question to ID Software

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
      You should address this question to ID Software
      But why it works under Windows ME ?

Comment

Working...
      X