No announcement yet.

Daemon with Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Daemon Tools version did you install!?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Or perhaps more accurately, what version of Vista are you running? Beta 2? RC1? RC2? Final? RC2 onwards should not have a block for DTools (I know it was removed for Alcohol in RC2, and I believe DTools had the same block until that point).

Comment

Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. Daemon Tools 4.08HE
        STPD 1.42.

Comment

The only thing i know, is that the drive appears under other devices in the device manager, and it says that the hardware is working as it should, but no drive appears in my computer...

This goes for both Alcohol and Daemon

Comment

ok, i got it now...

if you run Vista and the drive doesn't appear:
            1. Control Panel >> Device Manager
            2. The drive will be under other devices
            3. right mousclick on the drive >> Update driver software
            4. Here you must let the wizard search in C:\Windows\System32

it will now recognize the driver, and it will work!

Comment

Simply right click the daemon tools .exe and select run as Amin

Comment

Use this

VirtualCloneDrive5 It works fine on my system. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Comment

got deamon tools working with vista

First of all, the upgrade from XP to vista was a disaster - some remnants were still lying about - had to do a new installation of vista ultimate from an upgrade dvd.
                  Some support guy at ms suggested not to use daemon but some alcohol stuff instead. The pc would not reboot after the first step of the 'alcohol' (which by the way looks like daemon to me), had to retract to a safe state of window.
                  Created a safe backup point, started the daemon (32bit) for vista installation, requested abort at the prompt to reboot now the system, did some other work on the pc, then rebooted without problem ( was expecting another disaster...).
                  restarted the installation of daemon - there was no message to reboot the system this time - and the installation went to a happy conclusion - tried the daemon right away.
                  rebooted the system - everything is still working - am I lucky !

Comment

Already tried running as administrator. That didn't make any difference.

There are no devices in Device Manager so I can't update drivers etc.

I'm completely stuck.

Comment

@Distorted-Vision
                      But what build are you running? Is it the final release? Is it one of the Release Candidates? Is it one of the Betas?

Comment

Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (32 bit) Build 6000 (Retail).

Comment

Working...
                        X