YASU.exe contains a Trojan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YASU.exe contains a Trojan..

I *just* downloaded this off the main download page. God damnit.

Which main download page do you mean?
    File is clean here.

Comment

Hm, I can't edit my posts?

@ sissok: Maybe a false positve or maybe your system was already infected before?
      To minimze the possibility of a false positive you can upload the file to virustotal.com and check it there for example.

Comment

surely that is a false positive.

Comment

False Positive, File should be clean as it is with all of us.

I see you are using Avira Antivirus, That tends to spit out alot of False Positives if you've turned Heuristics on or increased sensitivity of Heuristics

Don't worry, the file is clean. It's probably the way it was programmed that caused it to be detected as such.

I can assure you it is 100% Clean, and contains nothing malicious.

If you are so worried, scan with another Scanner/Anti-virus such as A-Squared, Avast Anti-virus, or AVG. It's Most likely the File will be clean when scanning with these, as it scans more accurately than Avira.

In my using of Avira Anti-virus, I noticed it would mark my Perfectly legit and clean program files as a virus or Trojan, and spit out false positives one after the other, So I switched to another Antivirus. I've been using avast since, it seems to do the job nicely using a small amount of system resources (At least a lot less than Norton).
          Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
          Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

My guess is that this version of YASU has been 'modified' by some so called release group.
            I'm using the same anti-virus and have scanned all versions of YASU on my harddisc (1.03 till 1.07). No detection on any of them.
            Some good advice: Only download YASU from this site!
            Last edited by Reef; 21.02.2007, 14:22.

Comment

I just love it when someone posts a thread, but doesn't reply back after receiving replies, make me/us feel as if we are talking to ourselves

I know that everyone has lives and I can understand that, but it's been 24 hours since he posted this. I would at least thought he would of found a couple minutes to reply back.

It kind of makes me think he posted just to flame and abandoned the thread/forum, as noted by the emoticon he used

Comment

Oh well this thread may help other that have similar problems.
                However, I do scan every file that i upload, also i'm sure that the DT team also scan the file(s) before they are posted for download.

I would really like to know where sissok download his corrupt copy of Y.A.S.U, but it is unlikely he will reply.
                Mail:
                curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

I think it's quite obvious... Just look at the desktop icons on the screenshot, there are at least two P2P programs on it (µTorrent and Azureus).

Comment

He did say he got it from the main page. However I've never had any problem with it being detected as a Trojan or Virus.

I think he has the Sensitivity for Heuristics set too high in Avira, that could be why it's being flagged as a Trojan/Virus, although the file is clean.

I noticed when I used Avira, It had flagged some of my perfectly clean files as a Trojan/Virus, only because I set Heuristics Sensitivity too high.

It's mostly the way that the file was programmed that causes it to be detected as such.

If Yasu hooks API's or Calls, combined with the High Sensitivity of Heuristics in Avira, that could be why it's being flagged as a Virus/Trojan. However Yasu is perfectly clean and exhibits no Virus/Trojan or malicious behavior.

So he has nothing to worry about. I'm sure if he scanned with another scanner such as A-Squared or Avast, it would give him a more accurate result, as in the file is clean.

Hey OP, are you going to reply back to at least let us know if you solved it or even read our replies?

In a lot of forums, abandoning the thread you started is usually against the rules, I don't know about this forum though. If you are not going to reply to a thread you started, at least request it to be closed

Comment

just to add that the guy's last activity was at the date&time of post... he never came back here.
                      Carpe diem

Comment

God dammit, how about replying back to a thread you made

This guy Has Contacting by Private Message and Email both Disabled, meaning he just came here to flame Daemon Tools or Yasu, without any significant evidence to back it up, meaning he's trying to avoid being contacted, and had no intent on replying.

Oh well, if he bothered to reply or visit again, he would of saw that it was debunked, Yasu is a Perfectly Clean as well as a Non-Malicious file, and it's likely that the Heuristics sensitivity was set to high on Avira.

It's a shame that people just post once, just to flame or B*tch about something they have no actual or significant evidence to back it up, and never bother visiting or replying again to see if it's actually true or not.

I believe this thread should be Locked or Deleted soon unless the Original Poster can bother to take two minutes out of his supposed hectic schedule to post a reply back here.

If someone else has a problem with this, which it is evident they Don't, they can open up a new thread to discuss their problem.

Comment

Users with less than 20 posts can not use the PM system, so I guess that's why it is disabled.

Comment

Oh yeah, Silly me

I forgot it's disabled for those with less than 20 posts.

Anyways he should still reply, or check back. It makes me think he only posted to flame D-Tools or Yasu, with no hard evidence or Proof, Didn't care if it was true or not, and had no intention of coming back to check to see if it was or not.

I'm sorry that's just the way I feel. If he isn't going to reply, this thread should be locked or Deleted. Right now this is in the open, and regardless if it's true or not it might deter or scare people away from this site or trying the software, because of people claiming it's so called malicious software.

And it doesn't help that Mcaffee Site Advisor, has this site already listed in the Red Zone because of So Called Risky Downloads due to the Optional WhenU Save now Searchbar that is optional to install.

Comment

I just love it when someone posts a thread, but doesn't reply back after receiving replies, make me/us feel as if we are talking to ourselves

I know that everyone has lives and I can understand that, but it's been 24 hours since he posted this. I would at least thought he would of found a couple minutes to reply back.

It kind of makes me think he posted just to flame and abandoned the thread/forum, as noted by the emoticon he used
                              Yes yes lets all engage in random speculation and accuse Sissok of just coming here to "flame" Daemon while he is busy with life, school work, etc. I don't even know you and your being an imbecile...

(now onto my reply)

I love the program (Daemon), its a gem and I've had it for a long time why the hell would I backstab anything even Daemon related?

First of all it isn't exactly the actual Daemon program that came up as possibly being infected so your wrong on multiple fronts, besides that, the screenshot is as raw and valid as I can get unless you have another suggestion besides PrintScreen and MSPaint?

The fact is the program thought it was infected as it possibly displayed the characteristics of a known trojan, I posted the screenshot because thats the logical thing to do, if the file is infected (which isn't likely) then it should be known and if not then better safe then sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X