No announcement yet.

YASU.exe contains a Trojan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, if it seemed if I was being an Imbecile or an ass. It's just I seen other members that have done this and never came back.

I didn't know your current situation, and I apologize. Usually I never have seen it take more than 24 hours for someone to reply.

I hope you read this post, you don't have to accept my apology if you don't want to, and that's fine by me. I just hope that this can be left behind.

I'm Sorry :Cry:

It seems you are still having the same problem. Avira is known to flag even clean files if the Heuristics Sensitivity is set to high or enabled (Can't) Remember which.

I believe that Yasu hooks API Calls or something of the Sort, in order to hide virtual drives from known copy protections (Securom, Safedisc) I don't know if it works for Starforce though. It might be this very reason combined with The Heuristics Sensitivity on Avira, that is causing it to be detected as such.

However the file itself in retrospect is actually clean and exhibits no malicious activity whatsoever, It's the way it was programmed to hide Virtual Drives that causes this false detection or false positive:wink:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, especially you sYk0 if you are reading this.

Hope that may answer the question, but you might want to see what sYk0 has to say about what I explained.
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

@ muffinhead,

I won't go into an indepth description of how YASU works, however i can tell you that YASU does not hook ANY Windows API calls... YASU simply modifies a few registry entries.

It seems that AVira use a generic detection routine to detect TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen, but there is no definitive information about this "Virus/Trojan" available.
      Mail:
      curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

I see, I wasn't sure how Yasu worked so I just took a wild guess, didn't know whether I was right or wrong that why I wanted you to correct me if I was wrong. I'm not a programmer, let alone an experienced on although I'd like to learn how to code apps and games, so I really didn't know.

I've never had a problem with Yasu, and in fact it also works quite nicely with Alcohols Virtual Drives (52% FE), as well as the Daemon Tools drives.

Now because of the way I acted, I'm afraid he won't come back. I hope the way I acted didn't give him a bad impression of everyone on this forum, and I'm completely sorry as I said in my last post.

Comment

I can understand your behaviour its not as if I'v never shot down some newb for doing something the forum considered improper or damaging, its np.

Well I'm glad the program itself is safe and its just the sensitive anti-virus software, I had just updated the program not 10 mins before downloading YASU so it kinda seemed like possibly more then just a coincidence.

Comment

Thank You for understanding.

I'd honestly be worried to, just like you if it happened to me (Which it has)

In fact I remember one of my good programs being flagged as spyware/Virus, even possibly one of the patches for one of my games, only to find out later that it was falsely flagged or a false positive, and there was nothing to worry about.

I used to use Norton AV 2004, that came pre-installed with my computer when I bought, and came to find norton was one of the suckiest Anti-Virus that I could use, not to mention a Resource hog.

After 1 1/2 years of using norton, and it being outdated and replaced by newer versions that I couldn't afford to buy at the time, I then decided to look for a free anti-virus solution.

I came across a thread about 7 - 8 months ago on neowin.net (The Free Software thread), where I saw free Anti-Virus's listed. One of those happened to be Avast Anti-Virus. I Downloaded, installed and had no problem.

I then thought I would at least give Avira Anti-Virus a try. I noticed during the few days of using it (I think I may of set Heuristics Sensitivity too high) it started flagging some of my perfectly legit or harmless programs as Spyware/Adware/Virus.

I decided to switch back to avast, which seems to do the job pretty well. I now use Avast in combination of A-Squared (Free Version, Basic Scanner), Spybot Search and Destroy, and Javacools Spyware Blaster, as well as Mozilla Firefox W/ No-Script, AdBlock Plus, and Mcafee Site Advisor. I also steer clear of shady websites as well, which has helped me avoid any problems with Adware/Spyware/Virus's/Trojans in a long while.

Comment

yasu is only a souspicios file or ....її?ї?ї?

here is the result...

Comment

Working...
              X