No announcement yet.

Install Daemon Tools on Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was in the previous versions. We have only one installer now which contains both x86 and x64 version.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Installing works...doesn't run

I have tried running it as an admin after a successful install but it says that it failed to initialize properly.

Any clue as to why?

Comment

Originally Posted by greywolf0312 View Post
        I have tried running it as an admin after a successful install but it says that it failed to initialize properly.
        What exact error message do you receive?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by neo571 View Post
          I can install Daemon Tools on Windows Vista?
          if yes , how i can do it?
          How can i install Daemon Tools for Windows Vista?

Comment

Please describe your problem more detailed.

Comment

i want deamon tools for my taskbar!

Comment

Windows Vista 64bit

Im running Vista Ultimate 64bit, every time I try and download DT i get the dreaded "not a Win32 application". This is quite frustrating and puts angry thoughts in my head. Any advise?

Comment

Redownload with another browser and it must have correct hash or else not working. Server's file is fine.
                  Also don't use download accelerators.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

I downloaded Daemon Tools, onto my Toshiba Laptop running Vista Home. I got the error messages saying to run as administrator, and thanks to the advice earlier in this discussion, I got that sorted out.

Right now I have two "icons" at the bottom right of my screen. There is one with a blue lightning bold, (Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4.0027) which woks the way I expected it to work. I got to use the program once, so I think it's running OK.

However, there's also another "icon" at the bottom right of my screen with a red lightning bold. When I hover my cursor over this one, it says (Virtual DAEMON Manager V4.10). When I click on it, I get an error message: Virtual SCSI driver not detected.

Why is this message even here? Did I install something extra that I didn't need to? Do I need to fix it, and if so, how?

Comment

Hello, I have downloaded DT and well when it finishes downloading, the DTlite.exe file is deleted from the computer and when i try using the shortcut for it, it brings up a message saying that it can not find the file.

Comment

Update your McAfee and if it is not working with reinstall, deactivate McAfee, install DT, set an exclusion in McAfee for DT and then activate McAfee again.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

how come mine says "cannot find shortcut" cut o.o wth i downloaded DT before and it worked fine. its telling me to browse

Comment

@asdf124
                            Check posting #41
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

Still can't get past Win32 application error

I have downloaded it twice in Mozilla, and once in IE (8) I am dl'ing DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62). I am still getting the error. I have 32 bit Vista. I am not using a download accelerator that I know of. Just downloading in FireFox's downloader. What am I doing wrong?!

Comment

Yes Myself also using Daemon Tools in my new vista laptop and it was showing that very message ' local administrator account' - i restarted my laptop and then it was running fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X