Install Daemon Tools on Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Daemon Tools on Windows Vista

I can install Daemon Tools on Windows Vista?
    if yes , how i can do it?

I'm running Windows Vista ultimate. Daemon-Tools works very well on it. Simply go to the download page and install it http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php If you're running the 64 bit version of Windows Vista, install the 64 bit version of Daemon-Tools. If you're running the 32 bit version of Windows vista, install the 32 bit version of daemon-tools. If you have any problems, either myself or another member of the community will be glad to help you. You can find out what version of Vista you are running, by clicking the Start button, right clicking computer, then choosing properties from the menu. It will tell you whether your running the 64 bit or 32 version of vista.
    Last edited by estimablesir; 24.02.2007, 18:22.

Comment

I run the windows vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Comment

Then you should have no problems. I run DT on vista business 32bits without any kind of matters.
        Carpe diem

Comment

help

I upgrade from vista basic to ultimate. Daemon tool works well in basic. but after upgrade DT does not work anymore. Tried new version of DT. The install program kept me restarting again and again and again...

Comment

Use the standalone SPTD installer to remove and then reinstall SPTD 1.43.

Comment

I installed the DAEMON, but when I use it, the computer shows "Please use local administrator account to run DAEMON Tools for the first time!" I am the only one person to use this computer, so there is only one account in this computer. How I can fix this problem? I am new to use VISTA windows.

Comment

Disable UAC.
                Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                Schreibt mir eine PN!
                If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

OR

Just right-click on the shortcut for DTools and select "Run as administrator". UAC might be annoying, but for most people it has a distinctive purpose. Namely, to keep them from messing up their computer with adware and spyware.

Comment

Yes i was using Daemon Tools in my new vista laptop and it was showing that very message ' local administrator account' - i restarted my laptop and then it was running fine..

Comment

NOT installing either version (64 or 32) in Vista

i'm running vista premium and IT DOES NOT INSTAL!!!
                      i dl'ed the 4.11 lite( dont know if thats the problem but..) x64 says "this platform is not supported" and the x86 says is "not a windows aplication"...

IN NEED OF HELP

Comment

Obviously, you're running the 32-bit version then (x86). I would try downloading again, but without any download accelerators. It sounds like your download is corrupted.

Comment

"Use the standalone SPTD installer to remove and then reinstall SPTD 1.43."
                          what do you mean by this because i am experiencing the exact same problem. It says preparing to install, makes me restart my comp, and then repeats this over and over again.

Comment

i need help

when i try to install daemon tools on my pc with windows vista a message comes up saying "setup file has invalid name. make sure the distribution files were not renamed" how do i fix this problem?!?!?!?!

Comment

Problems whne upgrading from Vista Home to Ultimate

Hi all

I hope someone can help me. I was runing Vista Home Premium and instaled DT Pro Standard and all worked fine. Then I upgraded to Vista Ultimate. I could no longer run DT Tools and tried to deinstall it but could not do so. For some reasom the whole directory under Program Files that should contain DT Pro is gone. I have tried to get a new lisence file as this is adviced but when I try re.instal DT Pro the instalation starts and after a while I am asked to boot the PC and the whole thing happens again... and again... agian...

I guess I need to remove all elements of the old instalation first but I am stuckl and don't know how?

Ole

Comment

Working...
                              X