Small feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small feature request

I am trying to setup Daemon script on my kids computer and was wondering if it was possible to incorporate a command line switch in YASU to hide/unhide the drives rather than just running the program.

Running Vista Ultimate x86 and I know I could add it to the startup but would much rather just let the script run it instead
    with a command line like:
    Yasu -s -h to hide the drives and then maybe
    Yasu -s -u to unhide them.

Just a thought anyway

Well, if you run YASU.exe -s the first time, it hides the drives, and then run it again (Yasu.exe -s) it unhides them.

I've been using this with DT Script for a while. So it insert it before mounting the drive, then add a 3000ms delay, then run the program, then a wait for app to terminate, then run it again to turn it back off.

If you looking for a clean-cut on/off, your way is better.
    It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally Posted by Chiefnuts View Post
      Well, if you run YASU.exe -s the first time, it hides the drives, and then run it again (Yasu.exe -s) it unhides them.
      That's the way I have it right now, but every once in awhile there seems to be a problem with a game, so I have to terminate the game if it didn't terminate itself, terminate the script and rerun YASU to determine it's still hiding the drives, sometimes it is, sometimes it's not but if I don't check before rerunning the script, the script could then turn off YASU instead of turning it on. I figured a command line that did this would be a good way to avoid this.

Comment

Seems a valid point...
        i'll look at releasing a new version with that feature included...

Correct if i'm wrong... If the game crashes the DaemonScript terminates without unhiding the devices via YASU (Sometimes).

I could add the command (i.e "YASU.exe -s -h") which will force hide devices (if possible) without restoring them first.
        Last edited by sYk0; 28.02.2007, 22:02.
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
          Seems a valid point...
          i'll look at releasing a new version with that feature included...
          Correct if i'm wrong... If the game crashes the DaemonScript terminates without unhiding the devices via YASU (Sometimes).
          I could add the command (i.e "YASU.exe -s -h") which will force hide devices (if possible) without restoring them first.
          Yes I think adding the -h to force hide the devices would work nicely.

Comment

Working...
          X