Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You Must Restart after previous operation" - HELP! Can't install on Vista Ultimate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do a fresh install of Vista using an upgrade disc, and it will activate just fine. That's the same trick people have used for years with XP, 2000, ME, 98, et al. And as for upgrading, it's generally a bad idea anyway. It causes a number of issues in and of itself, and not to mention it can carry over problems from your previous OS (and sometimes exacerbates the problem further).

Comment

I tired to activate from a clean install, it didn't work!

Comment

Did you try activating it over the phone? If you had already activated it once after the upgrade, it will not activate over the internet (at least not for some time). You'll need to call in the activation.

Comment

Loop proplem here also

Hi.
          I'm a new user with a 1 week old fresh install (full) of Vista Ultimate.
          I just bought Deamon tools today, and I can't install it!!
          I am stuck in the "Must reboot" loop.
          I have tried everything I have found in this forum and it does not make any difference.
          SPTD is never installed according to the installers.
          I've had enough for one day.
          I'll keep looking and hope that a fix for the problem with Vista will soon appear.
          Paul

Comment

hi ya my name is lee if you happen to find out how to solve the problem could you plz let me know as im having trouble with vista 64 bit and deamon tools and a lot of my stuff i run through deamon so need all the help i can get many thanx lee u can contact me on nfscarbondriver@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X