Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You Must Restart after previous operation" - HELP! Can't install on Vista Ultimate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Must Restart after previous operation" - HELP! Can't install on Vista Ultimate!

I had to uninstall daemon tools to upgrade to vista, then I came here and downloaded the newest version and it said I had to restart the computer after it did something first.

But now, even after multiple restarts and power off's later...it still gives me this message "You Must Restart after previous operation" - as though I never restarted!

What can I do to help remedy this?

Thanks guys, I need my Daemon Tools!!!

Have you tried installing the latest SPTD driver from Duplex install that first then Daemon tools http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Comment

I have tried installing the latest SPTD driver and still get the same message.
      I think the SPDT driver doesn't work on Vista Ultimate. Afeter I install it and reboot when I run again SPTDinst-v142-x86.exe I get the message No SPDT driver detected and the Install option.

After that, I found this thread: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=11666. I deleted the registry key and now the daemon tools setup keeps promptimg for reboot endlessly ( the first step) and when I run the SPTDinst-v142-x86.exe I get the message "You Must Reboot after previous operation".

It is very frustrating and it's a problem on Vista Ultimate. I have installed early this afternoon the DT on Vista Business and worked like a charm. It also worked about 1 month ago on Ultimate. Since the there were some updates to Vista Ultimate regarding Application compatibility issues and I think that there are some problems.
      I am just guessing. Here are the infos on the update for Vista Ultimate:

Update for Windows Vista (KB929427)
      More information:
      Describes a package of software updates that address common application compatibility issues in Windows Vista. This update improves support in Windows Vista for the applications that are listed in this article.

Thanks a lot. I can't wait to use DT on my computer again. I just can't live without it.

Comment

Check if the r0 key exists in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd. If so, delete it, then try again.
        Ensure the Daemon Tools key in Software hive is removed, too.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I did everything. Removed from registry, reinstalled. Back to the restart loop.
          I even restored my computer 5 hours ago with no trace of Daemon Tools. And the same problem. The first step of the instalation that requires a restart repeats even after reboot.

I give up. I hope you will find a fix to this soon. I can't wait to use DT again. Thanks a lot for your great work.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. I did all the things that were suggested and it still doesnt work. Any other ideas?

Comment

Same problem here. Worked on Vista Business then did an upgrade to Ultimate and now Daemon Tools isn't working anymore. All registry keys for the SPTD drivers seem to be installed as is the SPTD.sys file but somehow Daemon Tools setup keeps wanting to install SPTD and then wants me to reboot just to do the same thing again.

Comment

After deleting the key in the registry by taking permissions of the key and all keys 'underneath' it (which I didn't at first) and then installing the newest SPTD driver I was able to get it working.

Comment

I am running vista home premium and i have the same problem, I tried everything daemon forums suggedsted but no luck

Comment

Odd.... I also have vista home premuim (pre loaded with a new HP PC) and I just installed the latest DT package and I have had no issues at all.

The only real change that I have made to my system is that I have turned off UAC (User Account Control). I got sick and tired of the constant pop-ups from it

I would suggest to turn this off and then try to install daemon tools and see if this makes a difference. To turn it off go into Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety and on the left-hand side twards the very bottom there should be an option called "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off." Click on it, un-check the check box and click on OK. You may have to reboot the PC for it to take effect.

Comment

Originally Posted by Damandan View Post
                      After deleting the key in the registry by taking permissions of the key and all keys 'underneath' it (which I didn't at first) and then installing the newest SPTD driver I was able to get it working.

That didnt seem to work for me, but then again maybe i dont understand how to delete the stuff underneath it.

Comment

I like Daemon tolls

Comment

Daemon Tools Forevar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like this program!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                            Check if the r0 key exists in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd. If so, delete it, then try again.
                            Ensure the Daemon Tools key in Software hive is removed, too.
                            Originally Posted by Damandan View Post
                            Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
                            That didnt seem to work for me, but then again maybe i dont understand how to delete the stuff underneath it.
                            Thanks to Copytrooper and Damadan! Finally got it working.
                            To get DT to work, download the latest verion of SPTD (v1.50) from here. Delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd annd all it's sub keys (to do this, right click on the key, Permissions, set to Full Control. You may have to do this for each sub key first). Install SPTDinst-v150-x86.exe and then reboot (you may have to reboot twice). Finally install daemon4091-x86.exe and reboot. Finish install procedure.
                            Note: make sure you run both SPTDinst-v150-x86.exe and daemon4091-x86.exe in Administrator mode (right click on each file, Properties, Compatability, tick "Run this program as an administrator."

Comment

Upgrade

I know what the problem is ( in some way) the damn upgrade!!! If you have windows vista Full version And did a clean vista install daemon tools will work. IF you have a upgrade version and do a clean install it will also work, but then you can't use your cd-key for vista. - Untill you upgraded vista over vista, and then daemon tools dosen't work. ITS THE UPGRADE THAT SCREWS EVERYTHING UP, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WITCH VERSION OF VISTA YOU HAVE, IF YOU UPGRADED FROM XP OR VISTA, YOU WONT BEABLE TO USE DAEMON TOOLS!

Comment

Working...
                              X