Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: YASU has probably been blacklisted (again)

Default YASU has probably been blacklisted (again)

The game in question is Heroes Of Might And Magic V with latest 1.05 update installed. It gives "classic" Security module cannot... etc. error when YASu is activated. If I quit YASu and start the game using DVD everything works fine. Just wanted to let you know, I don't know if it can be fixed or not considering no other game uses this latest Securom version yet...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Scan game with ProtectionID.
    Also use latest yasu (1.1.7035)
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

I already did it (version v5.2c from 12.02.2007) and it says simply Securom 7.xx or newer, it can't detect this version yet. And of course I've tested it with latest yasu so I think my assumption with blacklisting may be correct (unfortunately)...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

Experienced User

There's already a new release of YASU, i'll release it as soon as i can confirm that it works with the new version of SecuROM.

You could try renaming yasu.exe, see if it still gives the same error?
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1.0000003 does the same thing

Code:
    File Type : Exe, Size : 5727176 (05763C8h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header.. 
    -> File has 5064 (013C8h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0575000h
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
    renaming of YASU.exe didn't solve the problem.

Please take a look at Testdrive Unlimited, too, as this just won't work with YASU .35 at all: "Emulation software detected"! (don't know why, as I didn't patch it - it seems as if it just bypasses the cloaking. Otherwise it would echo the "Security module cannot..."-thingy, wouldn't it?)

Code:
    File Type : Exe, Size : 16302080 (0F8C000h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header.. 
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.30.0015
    [!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> CD-ROM drive
    Last edited by Mephisto18m : 11.05.2007 at 11:54

Experienced User

Stalker (not 1.3 - whooops - didnt see that) works without YASU and TDU works fine with YASU.

I guess you have other programs that are causing this (EZ play; ClonceCD, Virtual CloneDrive or and older Alcohol).
    Last edited by ..::shiFt::.. : 11.05.2007 at 11:59
    Upgrade your programs:
    DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Experienced User

Seems like SecuROM checks for anything that has "Y.A.S.U" as program title. I changed 1 byte in YASU.exe (at offset 0x336A), changing the 'Y' from Y.A.S.U into a 'W'.
    Now HoMM V with latest patch runs without any problems.

PS: I did this for testing purposes only and have no intention of spreading this modified YASU. So please don't PM me for it. As sYk0 already said, a new YASU version is coming soon which will fix this blacklist.

BTW: HoMM V also runs without YASU
    Last edited by Reef : 11.05.2007 at 13:02

@shiFt: nope, no other programs are used on my gaming-machine

Experienced User

i thought yasu 1.1.7035 (or whatever the latest is) hid its title etc.. when cloaking was done - think syko told me that...

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Reef View Post
    Seems like SecuROM checks for anything that has "Y.A.S.U" as program title. I changed 1 byte in YASU.exe (at offset 0x336A), changing the 'Y' from Y.A.S.U into a 'W'.
    Now HoMM V with latest patch runs without any problems.
    PS: I did this for testing purposes only and have no intention of spreading this modified YASU. So please don't PM me for it. As sYk0 already said, a new YASU version is coming soon which will fix this blacklist.
    BTW: HoMM V also runs without YASU
    Works with AA 1.07 beta 5154 in the same way. ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast