Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha, if you are running windows XP, launch this program:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\diskmgmt.msc

The tool is not very intuitive.. it does not list your cdrom drives in the white box, but look below in the gray area, your drives should be listed down there. Select your drives with a right click, and then change the letter. (Right click on the smallish gray box on the left hand side that shows the drive letter, it should say something like "CD-ROM 0 Drive E")

Sometimes when you move *off* of a drive letter, "D" for example, you might not be able to assign another drive that letter until you reboot. This is rare though, but if you change your letter, keep that in mind if it does not show up.

You will want to reassign your drive E to something like "X" temporarily, and then assign your virtual drive to E. That should solve all your problems.

If ya got any questions, let me know.

Alternatively you could disable your cdrom drives through device manager so that your first device is a virtual one. That may or may not work though, i didnt test it.
    Last edited by Ratha; 14.04.2007, 22:10.

Comment

I usually set my physical drives to Z (and down from there if I have more than one), then set my virtual drives to P, Q, R and S. This way my virtual drives are always below my physical drives, but if for some reason it had to be, I could rearrange my physical drives to the lower drive letter (though I've never had to so far).

Comment

Some very old games required that you had a cdrom drive that used the letter D or E, ive not run across any of them in a long time though and forget which ones they were.

Comment

Working...
        X