No announcement yet.

Command & Conquer 3 - Wrong Disc Inserted Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive made an image of the C&C 3: Tiberium Wars (DVD) but since it was DVD i couldnt select a profile or advanced options (I dont know why that is, maybe the guys over at alcoholsoft can add that in for their next version of alcohol?) would make it a hecka lot easier anyways.

Well ive been getting this error that says something along the lines of "backup disk detected, please insert the real disk error 1000" or something like that...any ideas on how to make an image that will actually work for the DVD without resorting to burning it onto another dvd and having to have that one in the drive which rather defeats the point of virtual disk images?

Btw I am using YASU 1.1 Build 7035 so I dont know why theres a problem...at time of writing this i am going to try it again ..but i doubt it will work..

Comment

The error 1000 means your image is bad. Did you select DPM in alcohol to create the image?

Comment

No, I didn't select DPM and thats probably why, im guessing it had to be set on high..

However, you might have overlooked the fact that its a DVD and there were no options to select DPM..otherwise I would have if I knew how. If you can tell me how it is possible to do this with a DVD please let me know and I will remake my image accordingly.

Comment

The dpm feature is available for DVD. Which version of Alchol do you use?
          Last edited by korn2006; 08.04.2007, 19:45.

Comment

Ah...stupid me..retarded me..im using an outdated version, it keeps nagging me to update..how dumb can i get..

well i didnt update cause i was worried it would include the SPTD device layer which for me has not been working. So i was worried if i updated it would tell me i would have to restart my compuer to install SPTD and as before it would restart and tell me again it needed to install SPTD which occured in a never ending loop. I never did get the problem figured out at the SPTD forums cause the person asked for some big long report and i sorta just gave up after a while. I'd rather not update if it makes me install this SPTD thing cause its a pita imo.

Right now, my version is 1.4.7, build 1005.

Comment

Update your Alcohol version, this one can't extract DPM.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

for anyone that has managed to extract a correct mds for c&c 3 (dvd-9) could you list the model of the drive used and also post the mds file please ?

Comment

I first created an image with Alcohol without DPM. Then I used BWA builder to create a BWA file from the DVD, then inserted it into the mds that was created with Alcohol. The game runs every time without any problems now.

I used a NEC 3520 drive to create the image. My game is the Kane Edition (Europe).

Comment

Originally Posted by Alpha_Blue View Post
                    Right now, my version is 1.4.7, build 1005.
                    That version is 3 1/2 years old. Is it any wonder it can't extract DPM from DVD's? Even if you can't install the latest version because of an SPTD problem, you should at least get 1.9.5.3105 (the last version without SPTD). Though I can't recall if it had DPM capability for DVD or not. I believe so, but I'm not sure.

As far as your SPTD problem, have you tried disabling your AV software? Have you tried running setup from Safe Mode? If you're running a Dell, try right-clicking and "Run as" with the Administrator account.

Comment

Guys, use YASU to prevent blacklisting of Daemon tools. That and make sure that you have the latest version of Daemon tools. (v4.08HE)

My version of C&C 3 works fine with the above method

Cheers,

Comment

A required security module cannot be activated.
                        This program cannot be executed (5024).

i get this error when using the latest DT4.08 N YASU1.1 build 7035 CNC3 1.04

Comment

Try to disable VSO Software EZ-Play, which comes with BlindWrite. This may be a solution.
                          MfG, Benni

Mail: benni@copybase.org
                          IRC: #dt & #copybase at irc.copybase.org

Comment

same happens when using the original disk?, more info helps.. could be ez-play too.. wouldn't be the first time
                            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                              same happens when using the original disk?, more info helps.. could be ez-play too.. wouldn't be the first time
                              Original disc will not run with blindwrite's EZ-Play on the system unless EZ-Play is both disabled and cloaked.

Comment

yeh, but it should show the ez-play message code thing then
                                question was to see if he had the problems running from the image, or running the game at all..
                                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
                                X