YASU doesn't work with C&C3 1.04 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YASU doesn't work with C&C3 1.04 version

I originally have c&c3 1.0 version, yasu works great with it.
    After recently c&c3 released 1.04 patch, I installed it.

YASU doesn't work any more. It gave me this error messege:

Looks like they blacklisted YASU.

Try to rename YASU.exe and retry...
    Upgrade your programs:
    DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

No problems here with 1.04, so it's not a blacklist.

Comment

Well latest Yasu works for me with latest C&C 3 Patch ([!] SecuROM Detected - Version 07.32.0010), so it's not blacklisted.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
          No problems here with 1.04, so it's not a blacklist.
          QFT.
          YASU 1.1 is definately not blacklisted. works fine for me.
          My sysProfile!

Comment

I guess the thread starter uses an older YASU, wich still worked for C&C3 1.0 (cause 1.0 had SecuROM 7.29 on it).

Comment

oh good to hear that... thanks
              Upgrade your programs:
              DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

I think I got the problem is, every time I start my computer, it works the first time. I play a while and quit the game and do something else. And then start the game second time. There is a big chance to have that error I mentioned. I tried to uncloak and exit yasu and start yasu again and cloak again. Problem still.

I am guessing the problem is securom or yasu cannot clean up memory from last time and causes error the second time. I tried to log out and log in again, problem still. The only way to solve is to restart computer.

I am using the lastest version of yasu 1.1 7035

P.S.The first time you start the game, you really have to play a while to see the problem in the second time. I tried to start the game and exit right away. You won't see the problem the second time.
                Last edited by cpthk; 09.04.2007, 01:36.

Comment

@cpthk I have the same problem, if I reboot my PC and start YASU 1.1 7035 I can start C&C3 or GTR2 ... without any Problems, but if I try to play the game a little bit later again, than it don't works anymore. After a reboot all works fine again.

Comment

Originally Posted by MRFRoST View Post
                    @cpthk I have the same problem, if I reboot my PC and start YASU 1.1 7035 I can start C&C3 or GTR2 ... without any Problems, but if I try to play the game a little bit later again, than it don't works anymore. After a reboot all works fine again.
                    Yes, exactly the same problem I have.
                    Seems yasu cannot uncloak perfectly. So will causing problem the next time you cloak. Due to did not uncloak completely last time.

I did a research can prove that:

If you don't use yasu at all, the game should give you "simulation detected" error.
                    But when the error "required security module cannot be activated" appears, I uncloak and exit yasu(completely from tray icon). And I start the game again, if will still give me the "required security module cannot be activated" error. It is suppose to give me "simulation detected" error since I already uncloak and exit yasu.
                    This can prove there is a bug in yasu, probably cannot uncloak completely or correctly I am guessing. The second way could prove is that as MRFRoST mentioned, the problem not only happen in c&c3, but also in GTR2.

To MRFRoST: 1. After a while you start the game, do you see the exactly same error messege I posted: http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ntitledpm7.jpg
                    2. After the first time you exit the game, did you uncloak? And did you exit yasu? Or you just leave it there at the tray icon without uncloak?

Comment

work fine here and thats under vista

Comment

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been on holiday and have been taking a break.

I'll look into the issues A.S.A.P.

Please can you supply me with some vital info...
                        Operating System (Service Pack).
                        Game Name(s) and version(s).
                        Approx how long after playing the game does it give this error?
                        Mail:
                        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
                          Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been on holiday and have been taking a break.
                          I'll look into the issues A.S.A.P.
                          Please can you supply me with some vital info...
                          Operating System (Service Pack).
                          Game Name(s) and version(s).
                          Approx how long after playing the game does it give this error?
                          Daemon Tool: 4.08HE
                          yasu: 1.1.7035
                          I have windows xp SP2
                          Game: command and conquer 3 version 1.04
                          In my case it's probably around 4 hours(sometimes shorter, like 10 minutes), but I don't mean just leave the computer their for 4 hours. Probably you need to play some other games, internet, bittorrent... In the meantime, try to uncloak and cloak again and restart yasu sort of thing. Then will have the problem.
                          (I have sometimes even though doesn't uncloak and cloak or restart, just leave yasu there without touching it, problem still exist)

P.S. As MRFRoST mentioned, this problem also happened in game GTR2. btw, thanks for the tool. I will update further situations I've found asap.

Comment

"If" my memory does not fail, it start happening just right after I upgrade from 1.0 to 1.04 through the update file from c&c official site.

According to game database: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/gamedb.php?letter=C
                            1.0 has SecuROM 7.29.0008
                            1.04 has SecuROM 7.32.0010

Comment

Hi again,

I can't say when the error occour, it's totaly capricious.

I use:
                              Daemon Tool: 4.08HE
                              SPTD 1.42
                              yasu: 1.1.7035
                              Windows XP SP2
                              I had this problem with the following games:

-Game: Command and Conquer 3 (Can't say somthing to the Version because the Version changed every day )
                              -GTR 2 since Version 1.1 (with Version V 1.0 I don't had this problem)
                              -Serious Sam 2 V2.070

Comment

Working...
                              X