Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Information on StarForce

New User

Default Information on StarForce

Can anybody tell me : is it possible to copy StarForce protected CDs? What StarForce is based on? Where can I find more information about StarForce....
    Thanks for any information or links.

according to Romsla's Post on the official Alcohol Forum, it is impossible to burn StarForce protected discs.

sorry...

Sergei

New User

That's really sad.... We can't make a copy, let's emulate! At the post, mentioned above it is said, that we can't get some params of the CD. But the original program recognizes the CD! What can stop us make a copy on a hard drive and then make the program think it used original CD?
    Alcohol team is working on the problem, but maybe there is already such a prog?

EVERYTHING can be emulated, and don't worry: Check HP and Board here from time to time Daemon Tools is always "in development"

and I'm sure, AlcoholTeam is doing the same

New User

Can we talk about StarForce on this topic? don't say: look at this..., go here... I want to talk about principles of this protection and more other...

-----
    with Respect...

Starforce is basically very similar to f.e. Securom V4.8x-Protection or CD-COPS. It depends on physical data measurement. Internal it's more advanced than the other protections, because it uses a special-driver to avoid emulation. This is all the info I wanna get out of hand at the moment, better explanations will follow as soon as Daemon Tools official support all StarForce-Protections.

New User

AFAIK StarForce uses ATIP information for checking CD. Can i find CD-R with indentical ATIP? And if i found this can i write 1:1 protected CD?

ATIP-check is used to identify backups in writers only - original cds donґt have ATIP-info.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

New User

Tnx, i don't know that. I think CD-ROM (not Writter) can't read ATIP from CD, what did you say about this?

Probably your cd-rom can not read ATIP-info. But ATIP-check is additional part of copy protections only.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast