Starforce 3. Is it THAT bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solider - Heroes of WWII also uses Star Force 3
    after it fails the check you can click on info and it returns a different key
    and a 16 digit number ( A,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 i think is what I got)

Comment

Very odd that i made a copy of starforce 3 today which i was able to
      play with about 2-3 times after that it ceased to function ...removed
      starforce 3 with starforceclean.exe and retried. rebooted and still
      couldnt get it to run anymore. This is very strange..the key worked
      and a couple of hours later it doesnt work anymore.... what and where
      does this crap driver store the details there must be more than starforceclean can catch..something must be written to disk somewhere
      in order to make this logical.

Comment

StarForce3 has be dealt with. quite interestingly if i might say.

the way it's been done: a small fake image (mds/mdf) that looks like the original disc (label) and has a known SF3 cd-key. the game starts up, sees a CD but looks "unauthorized = a copy" and asks for a key. u just enter the key generated for the fake image..e voila. it works
        (i don;t know how to generate a sf3 cd-key for the fake image)
        Remember Tukayyid!

Comment

this is no "deal", moreover it's a bug in SF3-behaviour and will be "fixed"
          in one of the next updates, you can count on that

Comment

Originally Posted by mike_ravenwood
            Solider - Heroes of WWII also uses Star Force 3
            after it fails the check you can click on info and it returns a different key
            and a 16 digit number ( A,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 i think is what I got)
            That's the number it returns every time it fails. I tried it with Obscure and it was the same 16 digit number. My guess is that this is a 16 bit hex representation of an error code. Just a guess of course, I'm about 200 million miles from being an expert on these matters. I'll leave it to the Daemon Tools guys and such to sort this one out.
            My idea of an OS is one that Operates the System. Not every application ever written.

Comment

Attention!!!!

There is NEW version of Star Force !! =((((

read here: http://www.star-force.com/protection...&type=1&id=673

Comment

New ATAPI and other

Sory for my English.
                Its really new ATAPI check. We tested version 3.4.72.03 and SFNightmare not work with this version. But we unpluged power in cdrom drive and starforce run with miniimage againe! For bypass blacklist we use SFNightmare.

Comment

Hi guys, I have read the board rules and understand that we are not allowed to discuss NoCD's. I just though you guys might like to know that starforce 3 has been cracked to the newest version (3.4). There is still no way to make a 1:1 and emulate the protection. If I find one, II will post it.

PS If the mods find this post offending or whatever else mods feel towards posts that have the word NOCD in them, they should delete it.

PSS I strongly suggest that you do not download the crack
                  Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Latest game with starforce 3 is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Comment

Latest version 3.4.74.08. We tested 2 games. Cozzacs 2 cd version and 1 game on Russian (DVD).
                      SFNightmate work for bypass ATAPI check again! And on 1 game we run starforce from miniimage!
                      No new blacklist and no new ATAPI check!

Comment

Tips to defeat StarForce

Hi I have several StarForce protected games and I use a combination of the above described solutions... guess what? IT WORKS!

You need:

Daemon Tools 3.47
                        StarFuck (REMOVED)
                        A mini noCD image of the game in question

Load the mini CD into Daemon Tools, then fire up StarFuck. Choose which version of StarForce you want to disable (if you aren't sure, try several) and choose to deactivate your CDROM drives (beats unplugging them everytime, eh?). Now you are finally ready to play your game.

Downside of this method is the work involved and the need for a mini image. The main advantage is that you don't have to crack (which, ofcourse, is ILLEGAL (advantage #2 :P )) it everytime you upgrade to a new version.

Comment

And I seriously doubt that this works for Chaos Theory.
                          Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Chaos theory protected by ISO protection. Also Cozzacs 2 protect by ISO protection. Its don't run from mini image. But if you write on cd-r/cd-rw with RPMS emulation and run from usb cdrom, its work fine!
                            But we wait for daemon tools 4.0. I hope, that will be soon.

Comment

Yep, with the ISO protection StarForce now checks the CD (or image) in different spots to see if it can detect a mini image. So, it is likely people are stuck with having to make a full image.
                              Supporter of Daemon Tools
                              Clone.cd Moderator
                              makeabackup.com Forum Moderator

Comment

Today we tested 2 games. Starforce 3.4.76.00. All run from mini-image and no new blacklist and ATAPI check.

Comment

Working...
                                X