No announcement yet.

DaemonScript can't execute .LNK files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaemonScript can't execute .LNK files.

I've recently updated to the new version of DaemonScript bcoz of new Daemon-Tools version. The previous version of DS I could run shortcuts to my YASU 1.1 scripts without any issues but the new version seems to be unable to execute shortcuts (.LNK files). The shortcuts are working fine if I manually click on them but I'd rather it run straight from DS. The reason is that bcoz YASU scripts are basically DOS batch files which will open a big black DOS prompt screen before the game launches. Using a shortcut I can set it to "minimize" which makes it look a little better instead of the DOS screen. Is there any other way to make it run? I'm running Daemon-Tools v4.09.1, YASU v1.1, DaemonScript v1.62, no Alchohol 120% installed, WinXP SP1a, DX 9.0c, GF7600GS PCI-E 512MB (FW v93.71 driver), AMD X2, 1GB RAM & nForce mobo (v9.53 chipset driver).

What error do you receive?

Comment

Try this. Use the file linked below to run the batch files, and they won't even show up, minimized or otherwise. I found it online a while back (can't remember where) and have used it extensively. Just make sure there's no PAUSE commands (START /WAIT is fine), or you'll have to force-close the batch file from Task Manager.

To run it, just use the format:

run.exe <batch file>

Comment

Hey thx I'll give it a go n c if it works for me

Comment

Working...
        X