CNC3 Mini DVD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC3 Mini DVD question

Is it possible to get a mini DVD to work for Command and Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars? I don't have the HD space for the full image (5.17 GB) and I live in a dorm where everything in my room gets destroyed by the rampaging idiots that teenage boys are. I made an image using alcohol 120% Using DPM Measurement High and 1x Speed. I have Tried using the image with the latest DT and the latest YASU. I followed the other threads on this game to get an image to work, but it seems that the mini version wont. Any one have any comments/ solutions? The image is over 100 MB large.

The errors that comes up are as followed:
    First:
    "Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit. Try again?"
    I click retry and then it gives me:
    Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000).

This error means your image is bad. Try to download mds file from copybase and then try again to start game.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Well I googled copybase, and it came up with some german site. I used Google to translate, and I made my way to the MDS file for CnC 3:TW . I downloaded it, then replaced my MDS file with it. So now there is the 70 KB MDS with the 100 MB MDF that I had made earlier. Remounted the image, and still didn't work. Is there a certain size that the MDF has to be for it to think that it is not a backup?

Comment

For most titles a simple Mini Image doesn't work anymore since Securom introduced an "enhanced" ISO check with version 7.27.
        But some current titles don't have that ISO check e.g. Stalker, Supreme Commander and also C&C 3
        Originally Posted by pyrobob262 View Post
        Is there a certain size that the MDF has to be for it to think that it is not a backup?
        As you assumed the size of the mdf can also matter. Download the tool Quickmount, install and start - ignore/cancel
        the DT missing meassages.
        Rightclick on Tray icon -> Customize -> Tools -> Create Mini-Images...
        Choose your full (or 100MB) image as source image, choose destination, and at Sectors to keep enter 17
        (doesn't matter whether you chosse Safedisc or Starforce) -> OK
        This mini should work now.

P.S.: In case Quickmount doesn't work you can also try the tool ISODir 0.5 (open mdf, cancel automatic trimming,
        enter 16 at Current sector number then Trim file manually)
        Last edited by Terramex; 30.04.2007, 09:53.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the help, but still no luck.
          I can't even install Quickmount, because it doesn't seem to work for DT 4.x
          ISODir gives me an I/O Error 32. message and does nothing when I try to open my mdf file.
          So no luck yet. I don't think it would be smart to downgrade to a DT 3.x because it might cause issues. Has anyone done this? Does it downgrade cleanly?

Comment

Originally Posted by pyrobob262 View Post
            ISODir gives me an I/O Error 32. message and does nothing when I try to open my mdf file.
            First you have to unmount image before using ISODir.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

@pyrobob262
              No need to downgrade. Being able to use the Mini Image tool of Quickmount doesn't depend on the DT version installed.
              What kind of error do you get ?

...and like Blazkowicz mentioned: unmount before trimming
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

For ISO dir I go to open file get to my mdf and then it sits for 10 minutes, and then says "Data not found "when I click ok it says "Access violation at adress 0045EBF7 in module 'ISODir.exe'. Read of address 00000000" then the little program box frezzes, except for the menus.

Quickmount gives me
                "This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re- installing the application may fix this problem."

Comment

Search google for MFC71.DLL and you will find this. Download this dll file and place it in the Windows or the Application Folder and the program should run smooth !
                  You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                  sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

@pyrobob262
                    If it'll be still not possible with Quickmount this one should work:
                    - Download WinHex trial
                    - Open your 100MB mdf
                    - Edit -> Define Block... (Beginning: 0, End: 87FF)
                    - Edit -> Copy Block -> Into new file; save as *.mdf
                    - use your original mds file with that mdf

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but still no resolution.

I am still getting the pair of errors from the game. I recreated the image with alcohol DPM high and dpm read speed at 1x. I still get the same two messages.I have tried with the mds file that I got from copybase, that still did not work. I tried the WinHex method, still not working. Is this not possible to get to work with a mini disc(DVD)?

Comment

For DVD's, you want to extract DPM at maximum speed normally (there are exceptions, but that's the general rule).

Comment

I have done that as well. Still no luck. Same error....

Comment

- which version of C&C 3 do you have (Kane/Normal, region/language)
                            - Sometimes (esp. for DL DVDs) it helps to set virtual drives' speed to 1x using Nero DriveSpeed (not Nero CD-DVD Speed)
                            Last edited by Terramex; 08.05.2007, 12:22.

Comment

@Terramex

What sectors should I delete from my COD4 mdf with Dt Pro Adv so I can build a minimage? The game is safedisc protected btw.

Thank you.
                              So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Working...
                              X