Reason 3.0 asking for CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason 3.0 asking for CD

This is a post I posted in on of the music forums I go to. They told me to try Daemon Tools:

""Yes, I just installed Windows Vista 2 days ago and after I installed Reason is having a hard time finding my sounds. I took alllll the sounds I have from my XP machine and copied it to a external drive so after the install of Vista I can transfer my sounds back. I copied all of my sounds, and I mean all of them from my external and put them from the external into a folder I created called "sounds" in Vista. I made a beat with those sounds a couple of hours after installing vista, from the same sounds. I was working on the same beat today, and when I closed it out and tried to open it back up Dr. Rex can't seem to find the sounds. I tried searching and found all but one. Closed it out again and now it cant find none. One of the loops it was looking for just stop trying and put another one to replace it. And get this. Sometimes when searching for the sounds, or loop, the symbol beside the sounds is supposed to be blue for the Dr. Rex, sometimes I get just a white typle folder looking thing. Any Ideas on whats happening? I know it said "sometimes once you move it from one location to another it can't find it," but I made that beat from the "sounds" folder I created. I don't get it. I been mad all morning searching for the files I know are there. I really don't think its vista. what i might try is moving those same sounds back to XP, and trying loading it there and see if it acts the same.""

I know a lot of people won't know what I am talking about on the devices i use in Reason but bascilly, the sounds I use on different beats come from the same folder, but Reason always now, ask me for the CD the sounds came from. Doesn't matter I transfered all of my sounds from CD to hard drive, it still ask for the cd.
    That's when somebody told me to use Daemon tools. Question is what do I do?
Working...
X