Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YASU has probably been blacklisted (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YASU has probably been blacklisted (again)

The game in question is Heroes Of Might And Magic V with latest 1.05 update installed. It gives "classic" Security module cannot... etc. error when YASu is activated. If I quit YASu and start the game using DVD everything works fine. Just wanted to let you know, I don't know if it can be fixed or not considering no other game uses this latest Securom version yet...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

Scan game with ProtectionID.
    Also use latest yasu (1.1.7035)
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I already did it (version v5.2c from 12.02.2007) and it says simply Securom 7.xx or newer, it can't detect this version yet. And of course I've tested it with latest yasu so I think my assumption with blacklisting may be correct (unfortunately)...
      "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

Comment

There's already a new release of YASU, i'll release it as soon as i can confirm that it works with the new version of SecuROM.

You could try renaming yasu.exe, see if it still gives the same error?
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1.0000003 does the same thing

Code:
          File Type : Exe, Size : 5727176 (05763C8h) Bytes
          -> Suspicious MZ Header.. 
          -> File has 5064 (013C8h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0575000h
          [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
          renaming of YASU.exe didn't solve the problem.

Please take a look at Testdrive Unlimited, too, as this just won't work with YASU .35 at all: "Emulation software detected"! (don't know why, as I didn't patch it - it seems as if it just bypasses the cloaking. Otherwise it would echo the "Security module cannot..."-thingy, wouldn't it?)

Code:
          File Type : Exe, Size : 16302080 (0F8C000h) Bytes
          -> Suspicious MZ Header.. 
          [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.30.0015
          [!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> CD-ROM drive
          Last edited by Mephisto18m; 11.05.2007, 10:54.

Comment

Stalker (not 1.3 - whooops - didnt see that) works without YASU and TDU works fine with YASU.

I guess you have other programs that are causing this (EZ play; ClonceCD, Virtual CloneDrive or and older Alcohol).
            Last edited by ..::shiFt::..; 11.05.2007, 10:59.
            Upgrade your programs:
            DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Seems like SecuROM checks for anything that has "Y.A.S.U" as program title. I changed 1 byte in YASU.exe (at offset 0x336A), changing the 'Y' from Y.A.S.U into a 'W'.
              Now HoMM V with latest patch runs without any problems.

PS: I did this for testing purposes only and have no intention of spreading this modified YASU. So please don't PM me for it. As sYk0 already said, a new YASU version is coming soon which will fix this blacklist.

BTW: HoMM V also runs without YASU
              Last edited by Reef; 11.05.2007, 12:02.

Comment

@shiFt: nope, no other programs are used on my gaming-machine

Comment

i thought yasu 1.1.7035 (or whatever the latest is) hid its title etc.. when cloaking was done - think syko told me that...
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                    Seems like SecuROM checks for anything that has "Y.A.S.U" as program title. I changed 1 byte in YASU.exe (at offset 0x336A), changing the 'Y' from Y.A.S.U into a 'W'.
                    Now HoMM V with latest patch runs without any problems.
                    PS: I did this for testing purposes only and have no intention of spreading this modified YASU. So please don't PM me for it. As sYk0 already said, a new YASU version is coming soon which will fix this blacklist.
                    BTW: HoMM V also runs without YASU
                    Works with AA 1.07 beta 5154 in the same way. ;-)

Comment

TDU (not patched) should run well with the current YASU,

Stalker S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1.0000003 works without YASU, but if YASU is started, it blacklists it.
                      The hex patch by reef solves this.

greetz
                      Last edited by ..::shiFt::..; 12.05.2007, 11:41.
                      Upgrade your programs:
                      DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Yes, the hex patch works well with both HOMAM V and STALKER. Let's wait and see if sYk0 comes with some more future-proof solution. Anyway, this latest blacklist effort by SONY is really pathetic. If it is the only way they could find to blacklist YASU it shows us how good YASU really is Thanks again, sYk0.

Comment

where is 0x336A located i opened Y.A.S.U in hex editor and searched for 0x336A no luck

Comment

0x336A is a position in the file...
                            Carpe diem

Comment

where is line 15 in a 30 line document? Right, between line 14 and 16.

Comment

Working...
                              X