Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After DT-install my dvd cant recognize blank media

Hi!

Just updated DT to latest version 4.09 (x86) from a version thats like a year old on a XP-system. After this my DVD-burner (NEC DVD-RW ND-3540A) wont recognize blank CD-R anymore! It still recognizes blank DVD-Rs.

Can anyone please help me with this? Kinda frustrating.

Regards
    kokobananko

Did you try SPTD layer v1.45 yet:
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.

It fixes some bugs with cd-recording software, report if it helps.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks for the reply but nope, no luck at all.

any other suggestions ?

regards
      kokobananko

Comment

So i uninstalled DT and the dvd-writer still wont recognize blank CD-Rs. Anyone got any suggestions, please?

Comment

so i removed automatic startup of stpd in regedit and still doesnt work .........

Comment

deleted SPTD.sys and still no luck. Should i just accept that daemon tools or sptd broke the CD-recording functions on my DVD-writer ? Ive seen some other posts on it on the forums so it cant be total news?

Please help.

Comment

If SPTD layer / Daemon Tools removal doesn't solve the issue, it wasn't caused by it in the first place.

Comment

well thats just not true, just check out these threads, im not the only one having problems after DT install/update

Comment

Pretty obvious that the problems in mentioned threads are either different (DVD-ROM), not caused by Daemon Tools/SPTD (after reformat (!) problem persists), or caused by some problem in recording software (change to Nero solved the issue).
                  Ensure previous version is removed completely (see thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure); although I doubt it has to do with it.

Comment

have some more info heh, the dvd-writer doesnt recognize CDs at all, not audio-cds, not burned cd-rs, not original data-cds...

does that change anything ?

regards
                    koko

Comment

Sounds like the part of the assembly that reads CD media is hosed. You could always try it in another machine to make sure it's not a software conflict, but software can't make the hardware go bad like that. If it doesn't work in another machine (or after a format/reload of Windows), then it can't be SPTD or DTools.

Comment

Working...
                      X