Virtual floppy drive for vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual floppy drive for vista?

I need a software o be able to mount virtual floppy drive in Vista? I tried Towodo all image and it mounts an image but vista does not recognise it. Only all image recognise it. Any suggestion what to use and where to find?

Steve

You can try the one at:

Don't know if it works in Vista.

Comment

Originally Posted by mwb1100 View Post
      You can try the one at:
      VM Back
      They have an x64 Driver, but it is BLOCKED by VistSHIT x64...

Does anyone know of ant OTHER Virtual Floppy program that works within the OS environment and not the envoronment that Daemon tools creates?

Comment

Try WinImage. They have a feature inside called "FileDisk" that is supposed to mount floppy images. It can also open floppy images for access.

Comment

Originally Posted by mwb1100 View Post
          You can try the one at:
          VM Back
          Kens VFDWin DOES work in Vista 64 bit thanks to the help of Critical0. After much trial and error I got VFDwin version#2.1.2005.404 to mount an image successfully. I have emailed Ken and sent him a vista 64 readme.txt file about the workaround which I have included below for all to use. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer, I am only sharing the protocol that worked for me as I do hope it works for everyone else who needs it.

Readme.txt:

VFD Instructions for Vista 64 Bit OS

1. You must boot the PC and enter the startup menu either by pressing F8 or esc, etc. before vista loads.

2. Select the option to turn off requiring vista to require a device driver to be digitally signed.

3. Boot up and run the 2.1.2005.404 vfd program by right clicking and running as administrator.
          You must run as administrator or it will not work. Click allow.

4. Click the browse button and select the vfd.sys file thats in the vfd-x64-critical0 folder

5. Floppy drive should then install and start and a drive letter will be able to be selected.

6. You might get a popup window about vista requiring a device driver to be digitally signed but you can
          just close it and it will not cause the virtual floppy program to end.

7. Open and mount image

Thanks-

Comment

ah well, from that all the author has to do is digitally sign the driver.. job done
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Found this post in a search. I finally found a fix for Windows 7 64bit users should anyone need it.

Levicki tech spot
              The story of the vfdwin 2.1 64-bit driver patch - Stories - Levicki's Tech Spot - levicki.net

Comment

Thanks for sharing such nice info,...

Comment

Working...
                X