Vista: Unable to add adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista: Unable to add adapter

So I downloaded Daemon Tools 4.09-1 and installed it on my Vista Ultimate x32 machine. After the reboot, Daemon Tools says "Unable to add adapter. Registry access error." Then, when I click on the tray icon, "Virtual SCSI driver not detected." I am logged in as Administrator at all times. I've tried upgrading the SPTD driver to 1.45, to no avail.

What is going on?

Did you try to turn off the UAC (user access control) function before installing?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

Comment

I had the same issue but turning off UAC and installing updated SPTDinst-v147-x64 worked for me.

I didnt even uninstall daemon... just turned off UAC and rebooted and it worked.

Comment

Same problem

I've got the same problems with Vista Business and SPTD v1.47 (32 bit). Any news on that problem?

Comment

I figured it out, well for me...

Okay I fixed the problem for myself:
          1.) Go to your control panel, then click classic view (upper right).

2.)Then scroll down to device manager.

3.)After, scroll down to "Storage Controllers"

4.)Right click on "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" and hit disable.

5.) Wait a few seconds, and then right click and then enable it again.

Well, I hope this helped a few people, it helped for me. I am not going to take responsibility for any mishaps or problems with this method. I have an SK8V motherboard, and I don't have any hard drives in RAID settings, so I am unsure of what affects this may have for those using drives in RAID. But, for me, the screen went blank, came back up, and I was able to enable it. So, good luck....

Comment

I'll test that later. All I know is that I've got no entry SCSI in normal mode. Hope I can see this in classic mode

Comment

I'm having the same problem with Vista x64. There is no SCSI/Raid controller on the system.

Comment

Working...
              X