Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: "handmade" GUI for DT

Experienced User

most of its the same, high level languages (c/delphi/vb) all follow the same constructs, you'll see if you look at some source code, like on the site i pasted, theres tons of examples to work from and play with... best way to learn it is to just experiment...
    stay away from c++ at the moment, just focus on c (no :: crap, or virtualisation of procs/objects and so on)... should take u next to no time at all...

Yeah there are much parallels between these languages. I also taught myself java with the java-docs and some other things and it wasn't so difficult (if you understand english). Now i'm doing the same with C/C++ and i can use some things which i learned with java also for C/C++. ATM i pretty like Java.

New User

thank u evlncrn8 for motivating me to learn by myself other languages!!!.

I tried c#.NET and here is the result:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/38430152...I_c__beta1.exe

not anything special but i believe it is worth a download

also, it doesn't need a batch file in order to be run as it gives the commands directly to daemon tools.

i am looking forward to any feedback

echo_03

P.S. ppl who still use the vb version please download it from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/36125343...n_frontend.rar
    thank u

Experienced User

I'm busy making a GUI for DT (standard)...
    Can't give more info about (if you are a customer, you should know more about it)...

Anyways... VB (non .NET) is not such a bad language, thats where I started many many years ago...
    I've scince then found delphi (pascal), what I love about delphi is that, it's very fast to make apps in...
    I don't want to start a debate about which language is best, they are mostly pretty much the same nowdays, with the exception of DirectX and OpenGL the prefered language is C.

Edit: Could you perhaps upload you app(s) to another file sharing server (RapidSahre sucks donkey b4lls)...
    Last edited by sYk0 : 21.06.2007 at 13:21
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

New User

Quote Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
    I'm busy making a GUI for DT (standard)...
    Can't give more info about (if you are a customer, you should know more about it)...
    Anyways... VB (non .NET) is not such a bad language, thats where I started many many years ago...
    I've scince then found delphi (pascal), what I love about delphi is that, it's very fast to make apps in...
    I don't want to start a debate about which language is best, they are mostly pretty much the same nowdays, with the exception of DirectX and OpenGL the prefered language is C.
    Edit: Could you perhaps upload you app(s) to another file sharing server (RapidSahre sucks donkey b4lls)...
    any suggestions for a server???

Experienced User

glad u actually tried other languages, personally c# would not have been my first choice, i'd have gone with c or something like delphi as syk0 mentioned, simply because .net has a large overhead (ie: the framework requirements).. its a good starting point though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12