Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "handmade" GUI for DT

Hello,
    As a student planning to go to a computer university, I have already began to learn some programming. I am creating small vb programs as a hobby and one of them was a GUI for DT.
    You can find it here:

I am looking forward to read feedback or even flames.
    Cyaz

P.S. If I am posting in whe wrong forum please move this post. Thank u

can you make it opensource??
    It doesn't work on my pc
    Run-time error '68'
    Device unavaileble

By the way: where do i need to unrar it?? i did unrar it in the daemon-tools install folder (I used default installation folder)
    I also have the newest Framework (3.0)
    Last edited by chrashoverraid; 01.06.2007, 17:28.

Comment

no need for framework since it is written in vb6
      i don't know what may be causing the prob
      can u tell me where exactly does it pop up that error?

source here :

thank you for the interest and the feedback

Comment

For me its working fine after a short try ...
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

what do u mean short try? can I make u avoid even this short try?

Comment

i just avoided it entirely.. its vb, i dont like vb..
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by echo_03 View Post
              no need for framework since it is written in vb6
              i don't know what may be causing the prob
              can u tell me where exactly does it pop up that error?
              source here :

thank you for the interest and the feedback
              now it does work (after reboot)! looks good
              don't think youre program was the problem!

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                i just avoided it entirely.. its vb, i dont like vb..
                if u can find me a guy who can teach me the basics of C# or C++ or java in greece, so i can teach myself the rest, I will make one in another language

VB teaching was all I could find

Comment

theres plenty of information out there to teach yourself how to code in other languages.. 'teach me' is a cop out....

i dont like vb because its quite bloated, and not exactly fast compared to the same application coded in c/c++, delphi etc..

theres plenty of code out there, and documentation, try codeproject.com - lots there...

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                    theres plenty of information out there to teach yourself how to code in other languages.. 'teach me' is a cop out....
                    i dont like vb because its quite bloated, and not exactly fast compared to the same application coded in c/c++, delphi etc..
                    theres plenty of code out there, and documentation, try codeproject.com - lots there...
                    I don't want to be taught everything, just the basics (structure, some basic commands etc.) just like the way I learned VB. I went to a school for the basics. All we made was a calculator from "drackmes" (the greek currency b4 euro) to euro, a yahtzee (that game with the dices) and another game which randomly selected numbers. The rest, I taught myself. I agree that C++ is much better than VB but I asked 2 professors at school and one outside school and no one knew.

Comment

most of its the same, high level languages (c/delphi/vb) all follow the same constructs, you'll see if you look at some source code, like on the site i pasted, theres tons of examples to work from and play with... best way to learn it is to just experiment...
                      stay away from c++ at the moment, just focus on c (no :: crap, or virtualisation of procs/objects and so on)... should take u next to no time at all...

Comment

Yeah there are much parallels between these languages. I also taught myself java with the java-docs and some other things and it wasn't so difficult (if you understand english). Now i'm doing the same with C/C++ and i can use some things which i learned with java also for C/C++. ATM i pretty like Java.
                        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

thank u evlncrn8 for motivating me to learn by myself other languages!!!.

I tried c#.NET and here is the result:

not anything special but i believe it is worth a download

also, it doesn't need a batch file in order to be run as it gives the commands directly to daemon tools.

i am looking forward to any feedback

echo_03

P.S. ppl who still use the vb version please download it from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/36125343...n_frontend.rar
                          thank u

Comment

I'm busy making a GUI for DT (standard)...
                            Can't give more info about (if you are a customer, you should know more about it)...

Anyways... VB (non .NET) is not such a bad language, thats where I started many many years ago...
                            I've scince then found delphi (pascal), what I love about delphi is that, it's very fast to make apps in...
                            I don't want to start a debate about which language is best, they are mostly pretty much the same nowdays, with the exception of DirectX and OpenGL the prefered language is C.

Edit: Could you perhaps upload you app(s) to another file sharing server (RapidSahre sucks donkey b4lls)...
                            Last edited by sYk0; 21.06.2007, 13:21.
                            Mail:
                            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
                              I'm busy making a GUI for DT (standard)...
                              Can't give more info about (if you are a customer, you should know more about it)...
                              Anyways... VB (non .NET) is not such a bad language, thats where I started many many years ago...
                              I've scince then found delphi (pascal), what I love about delphi is that, it's very fast to make apps in...
                              I don't want to start a debate about which language is best, they are mostly pretty much the same nowdays, with the exception of DirectX and OpenGL the prefered language is C.
                              Edit: Could you perhaps upload you app(s) to another file sharing server (RapidSahre sucks donkey b4lls)...
                              any suggestions for a server???

Comment

Working...
                              X