• Protect CD 7.5 / Mediscript Medical Learn Programm

hi

i need help with this protection:

-=[ ProtectionID v5.1f ]=- (c) CdKiller & [x/xxx]
    Build 15-09-2006....
    > Ready

Scanning -> E:\GK2neu\Mediscript.exe
    File Type : Exe, Size : 3213908 (0310A54h) Bytes
    -> File has 698190 (0AA74Eh) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0266306h
    [!] Protect DiSC v7.5 (or newer) detected !
    - Scan Took : 0.250 Seconds

i have the orginal cd, but i want to use the medical learn programm with ubuntu and i'm really pissed off, because to start this programm u have to wait a long time till the protection checks if the cd is an original one or not.

is there a possibility to start my medical programm without having the original cd in my drive?

Next time scna with ProtectionID 5.2c. Create an image with Alcohol 52/120% (ProtectCD 5 profile with DPM high) and insert image in Daemon Tools and look if it works. When not an updated Daemon Tools is needed.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i tried it the way u told to me, but it doesn't work

i use daemon tools v.4.09HE with all emulation options on, but the programm won't start, "please insert original cd (emulation drives on?)...like this

-=[ ProtectionID v5.2c ]=- (c) CdKiller & [x/xxx]
      Build 12-02-2007....
      > Ready

Scanning -> E:\GK2neu\Mediscript.exe
      File Type : Exe, Size : 3213908 (0310A54h) Bytes
      -> File has 698190 (0AA74Eh) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0266306h
      [!] Protect DiSC v7.5 - v7.6 (or newer) detected !
      [!] exact version: Protect DiSC v7.5.0 Build 60904 !
      [!] protection level: Basic
      - Scan Took : 1.562 Seconds

any ideas?

Comment

No solution for Ubuntu

Create an image as decscribed by Blazkowicz. If Mediscript is on DVD just use the default settings (no DPM needed)
        If a full image isn't working in the virtual drive of DT 4.09 you can try the following methods:

* RMPS-copy burned with Alcohol 120%, VOB ProtectCD 5 profile (only if on CD!)

or

* mount a mini image of Mediscript in DT 4.09 + insert a simple ISO copy of Mediscript in your CD/DVD device, then try to start

or

* mount a mini image of Mediscript in the virtual drive of an older DT version not using SPTD layer, e.g. DT 3.41 (DT 3.47 isn't working on my current XP Home SP2 system) and cloak your real drives with Y.A.S.U.
        Don't try this method under Vista !

P.S.:
        - some versions of Protect DISC don't run at all if Alcohol 52%/120% is installed !
        - in most cases a mini image can be created with ISODir 0.5 (in Options tick Also copy *.mds file)
        Last edited by Terramex; 06.06.2007, 23:41.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

hmm

i use ubuntu 7.04 with the programm virtual box. with the help of virtual box u can install win xp in an emulation mode. so u can install win xp programs like my medical learn program "medicsript". my problem is, that even i can install mediscript with the original cd, i cannot start it, because it will not accept the cd.

so i hope that i can get an image which will work with daemon tools so that i do not need the cd.

i know that i can boot my normal win xp, but it fell on my nerves to boot win xp every time only to start this program.

Comment

Originally Posted by banana05 View Post
            hmm
            my problem is, that even i can install mediscript with the original cd, i cannot start it, because it will not accept the cd.
            so i hope that i can get an image which will work with daemon tools so that i do not need the cd.
            If the original doesn't work under Ubuntu i doubt a copy to do so.

P.S.: When i wrote my last post yours wasn't visible at that time as forums are moderated
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Did you try to install and run the program in Wine (a Windows emulation for Linux)? Wine has pretty good support for games and thus copy protections.

Comment

i tried it even with wine with my original cd, but i had no success!

so i hope that perhaps i can make an image working with daemon tools. if it works under win xp, then it will even work under winxp in my virtual box in ubuntu.

Comment

Mediscript in VirtualBox

OK, now its two replies, but it might perhaps help someone.

When using MediScript in VirtualBox one has to enable hardware access to the drive from the guest OS (its called pass through in virtualbox)

CD access after initial copy-protection-checking can be avoided by HDD-Installation.

OK, for the banana-guy this info is probably a little late, but it might help others.

Mediscript works in VirtualBox and you can even create your personal backup cd but it does not work with virtual cd-drive software as far as i know.

Comment

Working...
                  X