Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Showing results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: 4GB DDR2 on WinXP 32bit - question

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
    You apparently didn't understand what I was saying. I'm sorry you apparently don't get it.
    No Jito, you didn't understand.

Every person here talked about how the 32bit OS 4 GB limit is further reduced by adding (for example) a 256, 512, or 1GB video card. So the RAM on the card have an impact on how much RAM you get available in your OS.

STOP. WE WERE ALL TALKING ABOUT THIS.

You continuosly posted things like

"No, the amount of VGA RAM has nothing to do with the 4GB limitation in Windows."
    Yes. We know that. No one is telling the amount of video RAM is the *cause* of the 4 GB limit. We are telling the amount of video RAM furtherly reduce that 4 GB value.

"Your video card could have 8MB of RAM on it, and you'd still only be able to use up to 3GB max out of 4GB for applications."
    That's a little more of 3 GB, but anyway.
    The point is not this, it's that if you have a SLI configuration, for example, with two 512 MB card, you lost 1GB of your system RAM to that. We are simply telling that.

You missed that and started to say "you are spreading crap" (he was not), "the amount of VGA RAM has nothing to do with the 4GB limitation in Windows" (TRUE, and so ?? We know that thank you).

Furthermore "Since you apparently don't have a clue what you're talking about ..."

You were wrong there too. You didn't (again) understand what he was saying.

"I think I see where the confusion lies now."
    Me too.

YOU didn't understand. YOU don't understant, and YOU (probably) will not understand.

"I'm not posting in this thread anymore, as it appears I'm not getting through anyway. I have better things to do with my time."
    This was 3 post ago and you missed 3 occasions to apologize to FISKER_Q. You didn't understand his post (he was correct on both issues) and you started to say people was spreading crap.

Master

*sigh*

I have several comments to make about your own incorrect "assumptions", but I think it's time this thread died. I've had my say, and have nothing to apologize for.

User

but I think it's time this thread died.
    Wouldn't be nice ? But you lied to us before.

Try stop posting.

GOODLUCK !! i hope there advice helped

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345