No announcement yet.

Arena Wars Reloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so has anyone made a working image of arena wars RELOADED (not original) since this last post ?? i thought dt pro only had profile for the older version of protect cd5 and this game ues v7 or v8 ??

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
      i thought dt pro only had profile for the older version of protect cd5 and this game ues v7 or v8 ??
      Yeah, just like Alcohol it still reads ProtectCD 5.
      There are no different read settings needed for later versions.
      Nevertheless it would be better to just call the profile ProtectDISC.

... and no, i don't have Arena Wars Reloaded. Do you ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

first of all, the image creation is the 1st half. then comes the 2nd part if it works from the virtual drive. wasn't there a known issue, blacklist i think, with a game or even two that used protect dvd v7.xx ?? ...on these very forums ? and loctus may have said that since not many games use that cp it's not a high priority. so even if the image is good, it's of not much use if it then fails to load due to a blacklisting. so i wanted to know if anyone with ANY game using v7/8 of protecd cd/dvd can run them from dt pro vd. (or even dt lite vd!!!!)

also yeah, i'm picking it up tomorrow with some other crap i ordered, and wanted a heads up. the only other game that i have that used protect dvd was sacred gold. thing is my version was a budget re-release without any cp - so technically i don't have any protect cd/dvd games.

Comment

@ß
          Your post could be interpreted as a question whether DT Pro is capable of creating a working image of later versions at all - regardless of any possible blacklistings when starting the app/game.

One note if you'll get a ProtectDISC DVD title:
          Just use the Data Disc profile as DPM is not required.

P.S.: AFAIK only the current ProtectDISC version doesn't run in vIDE - but don't nail me down to that...
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Addendum:
            The last one that I've tested successfully in vIDE was Summer Athletics protected by v8.1.

Comment

well my original post in this thread was specific to arena wars reloaded. after reading the thread it ended back in '07 with no answer. since i'm getting this very game tomorrow i wanted a heads up if the issue was solved since the original thread starter made the first post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex
                P.S.: AFAIK only the current ProtectDISC version doesn't run in vIDE - but don't nail me down to that...
                You are talking about which game?
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

@Blazkowicz
                  Looks like i misread a statement of a friend of mine.
                  Thought that after the Hotfix Windchaser wouldn't start anymore in vIDE.
                  I've asked him again and fortunately it was just a mix-up.

btw. what's the latest version you've encountered ?

Comment

@Terramex
                    The one on Summer Athletics.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

ok i finally got awr. it works from dt pro but not dt lite. i know dt lite is ignored on purpose but this is just too much. by that i mean that dt lite is deliberately made weaker. now there are trial versions of dt pro advanced, so people can use the vide - and that's cool. so i don't think dt lite should be ignored any more. by that i mean that when dt pro is updated to fix blacklist issues that affect the scsi portion of it, so should dt lite. at the moment there are several securom games that work from the dt pro vd (scsi) but not the dt lite vd (scsi) - and that's not fair. i could understand more if some games would work from the dt pro vd (vide) and not the dt lite vd (scsi), but not scsi/scsi.

so anyway, arena wars reloaded does not work from the dt lite vd v4.30.1. i think a new version of dt lite is past due that fixes the backlog of blacklists by securom that do work via dt pro, the safedisc fix that's forthcoming in pro and maybe even the latest starforce bsod issue. especially if the next pro will fix these and then anyone can get the trial.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
                        at the moment there are several securom games that work from the dt pro vd (scsi) but not the dt lite vd (scsi)
                        Namely ?

Comment

Working...
                        X