EXTREMELY OFF TOPIC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTREMELY OFF TOPIC.....

hi ive posted this question in other forums, but i never got anserd , so i figured i'd try it here. here goes: ok ive had DSL for ia while now and its always beeen great . my ISP is verizon. i get downloads at an average of 200kbps-300kbps . but like a week ago my browser speed slowed to a crawl. it is literally worse than a 28.8kbps modem :x . but my download speed is still 200-300kbps!! pcgames online are also very slow now. so is xbox live. i have NO idea whats wrong... i have norton 2003 with the latest virus definitions and i have no viruses I DONT WHAT TO DO ITS SO SLOW :oops: !! sumone pls help!!
    Sharing is caring

!FU** THE RIAA!
    :P

If you use the Intershit Exploder try to delete the temporary files, cookies 'n stuff.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

no i used netscape, internet explorer, msn, i deleted temporery files, but it still sux ass!!!!! i have no idea wuts ronmg but its PISSING ME OFF SO BAD :x
      Sharing is caring

!FU** THE RIAA!

Comment

Download adaware and scan for crap.

Comment

google around for Trojan Defense System. There's a free downloadable
          version. Update the Radius database (available on the same site).
          Check out, if there's no trojan or worm on your machine!

Scan your system for open ports (of course not from the same machine, ask a friend to nmap you). If nothing of the above hints help you, come
          back here, together we surely find your probs

Comment

ok ... to andareed, i got adaware and i scanned and it found 27 things, 26 files and 1 folder. although im glad i have no more spyware, this did not improve my connection thx, though.

to LocutusofBorg, i got the trojan defense system, and although it found SEVERAL WORMS AND TROJANS MY NORTON 2003 HAD FAILED TO DETECT,
            my connection seems to have gotten WORSE, although im sure thats not the case.I hope you have more advice, because i am all out of ideas. im thinking of reformatting the hard drive, that would get rid of it for sure. well i have to go, but thx anyway! :mrgreen:
            Sharing is caring

!FU** THE RIAA!

Comment

oh and by theway , i noticed that i said xbox live was laggy. xbox live is fine, because it doesnt have to go through my computer, directly to the xbox. system link through www.xbconnect.com , however, is just as laggy as a pc game
              Sharing is caring

!FU** THE RIAA!

Comment

format, only solution. Just Kidding. Check speeds with another computer. Such as, bring a friend's comp over and try browsing with it. Next, if you experience the same thing. Try pinging a random IP, such as 64.12.187.24 or 199.89.199.27 if you experience high latency, that might account for it. Are you using a router? Or are you running any sharing programs such as kazaa?

if your latency to either of those ip's is high (above 150) then seek help from your isp.

Comment

Maybe i can help you

Maybe you should reinstall your DSL software and that everything is plugged in. Or maybe your computer is slow. :?:

Comment

Are you using any proxy settings? Uncheck "Automatically detect settings" in the Tools - internet options - connections - lan settings.

Also, under Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > Temporary Internet files > Click Settings > Change "Amount of disk space to use:" to 5 MB (you have high-speed Internet).

Or you can put in your Windows XP CD (if you're running XP);
                    then go to start, run, and type in: SFC /SCANNOW

This initializes the System File Checker which will check all your system files for corruption and replace from the Windows XP CD as necessary.

Will this last thing work? Probably not, but your system is like new.
                    8) Lintworm a.k.a. Michel Maasdijk 8)

Comment

Ok... I'm in into this discussion
                      So the Comp con suxx but the other connected HW runs fine on the line?
                      You have a Win problem...
                      Is there a way to startup in safemode n test it form there? do it...
                      DL is not cryppled, so the problem is browsing and game-netting?
                      Hmmm...
                      I asume the DSL com is an external box, right? So U just plug the ethernet cable from the comp to this "router".
                      Do U remember installing anything before this happend?
                      Usually I just say "look 4 updates n reinstall the drivers".

I'm not sure what can have caused this problem... U got rid of most of the foul apps as in previous posts... Stange problem :?

/Krajan

Comment

try downloading netlimiter (google for it) and see if any programs are sucking up your bandwidth, if they are, limit them
                        pretty awesome program i think
                        almost as good as DT

Comment

dsl reports

check out broadbandreports.com and/or www.dslreports.com/stest and tk your speed. if you live in an apartment complex (and even if not) you might have plenty of neighbours connected which will suck the life out of your dl and ul speeds.

just a thought. :idea:
                          The government!? Don\'t get me started on the government!

Comment

It's your MTU or your RWIN

Heey, it's probebly your MTU or your RWIN.
                            Go to www.speedguide.net
                            At shortcut's click on: TCP/IP Analyzer
                            now you can view your settings.
                            After this you can downlaod the TCP/IP Optimizer.
                            This tool will detect any wrong settings in your system and fix them!

Comment

do you have a router?
                              Eat your beans before they eat you!

Comment

Working...
                              X