Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no trial version of Pro? I'd like to try forthcoming vIDE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no trial version of Pro? I'd like to try forthcoming vIDE.

Title says it all.

Could someone also clarify what vIDE will bring to the Pro version that cannot already do (since it already "supports" starforce) e.g. avoid blacklisting issues.

tia

I don't get what you are meaning exactly: Blacklisting has nothing to do with vIDE at all... vIDE just fits the purpose that some protections limited IDE-Drives only to start the game (at least if IDE-Drives were available) - but in any case most newer versions of the protection made this either optional for developers/publishers or discarded that feature at all...

Also: vIDE is as said in the news not yet included in DT Pro but will be soon...

However I guess there will be a trial but not yet - now there has been the release - not every release includes a trial at the beginning (and also some programs never get one)...
    But even if there is a trial: I am not that sure that the trial would include vIDE too (at least not at the beginning - or maybe it would but I don't know)...

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost_zero View Post
      I don't get what you are meaning exactly: Blacklisting has nothing to do with vIDE at all... vIDE just fits the purpose that some protections limited IDE-Drives only to start the game (at least if IDE-Drives were available) - but in any case most newer versions of the protection made this either optional for developers/publishers or discarded that feature at all...
      Also: vIDE is as said in the news not yet included in DT Pro but will be soon...
      However I guess there will be a trial but not yet - now there has been the release - not every release includes a trial at the beginning (and also some programs never get one)...
      But even if there is a trial: I am not that sure that the trial would include vIDE too (at least not at the beginning - or maybe it would but I don't know)...
      This is only a repeat of what DT have already published!
      The "blacklisting" I was referring to any scsi driver (not presence of DT), which is well known. Producing a new driver i.e. vIDE would/could provide a long-term solution that many have been patiently waiting for.

Comment

Well: You will get it as already said... But either way that was discarded in most protections anyway...

This is only a repeat of what DT have already published!
        Well, not really... I was also refering to the trial version and that even if it would currently not have it... What have you expected? That I tell you that even though there is no vIDE in full version included yet, you will see it tomorrow in trial version (this is meant ironic, of course)..? I also said that even if there will be a trial in t he near future and if vIDE got released, you might still not see vIDE included in the trial...

EDIT:
        And vIDE was designed to go through the IDE-Only-Drives-Check... After all vIDE refers to virtual IDE Drive... so therefore you don't have a SCSI-Drive then listed anymore from DT but a IDE-Drive... Which of course should do the trick and which is also the reason why you can only have two such drives (IDE-Channel-Limitation)...
        Last edited by ghost_zero; 25.06.2007, 17:19.

Comment

Jeez, getting a simple answer to a simple question is like getting blood out of a stone here these days. I only wanted to know why *currently*!

As for the vIDE explanation, I didn't ask why there is a 2 drive limitation on a single IDE (virtual or not) controller - it's obvious.
          I can understand why anyone connected to DT is afraid to mention specific copy protections for fear of litigation (starforce, oops I mentioned it again) but this is ridiculous!

feel free to PM me for any egomaniacal retorts, rather than clogging up the thread with pointless last-word efforts

ps well done DT development...your persistence is an example to us all!

Comment

First I am not in DT Pro development and I now don't get what you REALLY want to know... e.g.: What do you mean with "why"?
            Maybe it is because I am no native English-Speaker or because your question was not that well verbalized or whatsoever...
            And vIDE is not just because of StarForce because SecuROM (and also others) used IDE-Checks in some versions too (that was the reason why I didn't mention StarForce becuase vIDE is not limited to StarForce only)...

EDIT:
            Do you wanted to ask why you would even need vIDE because DT Pro already supports StarForce, SecuROM, ..?
            As said: It has nothing to do with blacklisting but there are versions of copy-protections which limited the start of the game to IDE-Drives only (if IDE-Drives were present), so therefore this wouldn't change, unless there is a vIDE... That's still an issue with DT Pro currently, only way is to remove your IDE-Drives (or you have only SATA-Drives e.g.) or for SecuROM it is enough to remove IDE-Channel in device manager...
            Last edited by ghost_zero; 25.06.2007, 18:57.

Comment

But if you mean why there is no trial version...
              As far as I know there should at least come one... But I (I - so no official DT-Team statement - therefore also "know") don't know if vIDE will be included... Can be... or not... That I don't know but it won't be included yet, of course, because it is not even released in full version...
              From what I know there even was one available for download - for a short time...
              But I guess (I - not DT Team... only myself guesses here) there was something wrong and it was removed again - at least temporarily...
              Last edited by ghost_zero; 25.06.2007, 19:13.

Comment

To answer my own question properly regarding a trial version of DT Pro : The guys have just released an adware trial version!
                They must have read my mind or something, thanks a lot DT team

If you want to get to know more about DAEMON Tools, free download of the products' trial versions will help you evaluate the advantages of the software without any charges! Download DAEMON Tools trial and return for more.

Comment

we will not include anything more into DT Pro adware-trial.

The current version is "feature-frozen", it is by far enough to
                  let people check out if they like our software or not.

The rest is customer-only.

Comment

why i cannot register my free pro ver

it keep saying not been able to connect to the server.

i wonder if that is a way to give and take back

Comment

Working...
                    X