BIG problem with licence!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG problem with licence!!!

OK I'm really pissed of!!! First of all I pay for this software because I was using it every day. Second I'm waiting for customer status four days and still nothing! MAIN PROBLEM IS : After I format my win vista 32 bit I CANNO'T use DT Pro anymore because it tells me that my licence is used on another computer ??? This is impossible, only after four day's of use and i get this? So if a format my system every day will I always must post here to get support or send email to admin to resolve my problem? Look this is not a good start for me and I'm really pissed of only because dt team was working on pro version for over 2 years and i was not expecting this kind of problem. SO resolve this quickly.

PS sorry for my bad english.

Revoke the lincense in your account, then start Daemon Tools Pro on the new installation - this should re-activate the license with the new setting.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I've expected something like this (invalid license after fresh install). I'll run in this too as I'm changing hardware/software quiet often.
      I tell you one: If this gets too anoying I will use cracked versions flooding the net.
      Don't annoy paying customers!

BTW: How do I get the customer tag ? Avatars doesn't work ?

bye

tom

Comment

Because you have reinstalled your OS the server see's it as a different computer, it's all part of the strong protection the DT team have had to use, it's not a perfect system as far as ease of use is concerned but it is essential. Just follow @Copytrooper's instructions above & you will be fine

When you are upgraded to customer status here you will find lots of info on this in the customer section, hopefully admin will catch up with you soon. You have to realise they are extremely busy at the moment so I would think updating forum status may not be top of the list of things to do.

Any more problems - just post here & someone will help you

Comment

Great Tip!. I revoked the license and started the registration new. Anything is working fine ...

Comment

I suggest to first calm down - it is clearly stated that we use
            Inet-Activation. Other than e.g. Windows, you are allowed
            to reactivate it as often as you want.

All you have to do is revoke license. Yes. Its that easy!

I do not see how this is annoying - 90% of our users have
            no prob with it.

Comment

K, this sounds good: "you are allowed to reactivate it as often as you want."
              On the first look (Hardware ID, post from Vexii, etc.) it seemed we have to fight with license things. :wink:

BTW: Thx for allowing me to use customer forums & avatars.

bye

tom
              Last edited by Tom_SE7EN; 28.06.2007, 20:10.

Comment

OK tnx all for support and revoking fixed my problem. Customer tag and acces to forum is here so tnx again.

PS good job on new DT Pro.

Note to admin : My advice is to make a sticky topic so users who aren't customers (yet) know what to do if they are in similar situation.:wink:

Comment

license

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                  Revoke the lincense in your account, then start Daemon Tools Pro on the new installation - this should re-activate the license with the new setting.
                  Once a license is revoked, how long does it typically take to get a new license? It doesn't appear to be instantaneous.
                  Are they only renewed M-F?
                  TIA

Comment

@GUYISO71

License doesn't get revoked - only activated hardware key and it gets available immediately after revoke.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                    X