Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any possibility of a revamp of DT Pro agreements?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Qazarr View Post
    Thus far, the only thing available to DT Pro that is not available on other less restrictive software packages is its IDE driver that may make image creation much easier and more reliable...
    looks like you totally don't comprehend what purpose vIDE will serve. it does not in any way have anything to do with image creation - or image reliability.

Originally Posted by Qazarr View Post
    I'm open to being convinced, though.
    no you're not. several people have tried. you are angry because dt pro has activation. and want people of similar taste to you, to "convince" you to forgo any discrimination towards online activation and buy the product based on whatever features you could not do without. and at this stage you seem to not have found any such features. move on. at the end of the day it comes down to $27. nothing. there's no if or but, no matter what you say. so a reasonable person would assume that even if they buy the product and hate it, $27 is a reasonably cheap "risk". you sound like a broken record: "convince me, convince me." NO - convince yourself, or let the program do it for itself. dt pro can't do it ? too bad for it. maybe a few updates/versions later it may or may not convince you. reevaluate it further down the road.
    Last edited by ß; 02.07.2007, 22:58.

Comment

I think at this stage Qazarr is hoping to be convinced by some concession from the developers.....which seems reasonable enough.

One sentence that stood out and that I'm totally in agremeent with is:-
      I hope that perhaps eventually DT Pro's "update" feature is the only thing that will require key activation and validation.
      ....after all it is the constant battle to remain current in the disk cloning wars that is the biggest incentive to pay. There will always be a need to upgrade.
      Last edited by obvious; 04.07.2007, 23:34.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
        looks like you totally don't comprehend what purpose vIDE will serve. it does not in any way have anything to do with image creation - or image reliability.
        The virtual IDE driver is to make most recognition software ineffective, yes? This is rather directly related to how difficult it is to create a functioning image. What use have I for 1x speed securom copies if it's running on an IDE driver that nullifies the protection in the first place?

No, I think I do understand, it's just that you're kind of fanatically attacking me on semantics.
        no you're not. several people have tried. you are angry because dt pro has activation. and want people of similar taste to you, to "convince" you to forgo any discrimination towards online activation and buy the product based on whatever features you could not do without.
        Ugh, great. Now you've gotten all upset and started telling me what I'm thinking and demanding that I'm "angry". I think this conversation of ours is over, I'm sorry for whatever I did to draw ire.

and at this stage you seem to not have found any such features. move on. at the end of the day it comes down to $27. nothing. there's no if or but, no matter what you say. so a reasonable person would assume that even if they buy the product and hate it, $27 is a reasonably cheap "risk". you sound like a broken record: "convince me, convince me." NO - convince yourself, or let the program do it for itself. dt pro can't do it ? too bad for it. maybe a few updates/versions later it may or may not convince you. reevaluate it further down the road.
        Too bad? "NO"? I'm glad you're not in charge of the sales department around here! I'd thank you if you would be so kind as to quit trying to help me now, respectfully of course. Though I thank you for your, albeit derisive, discourse.

I apologize if my questions about this software have been offensive to anyone. I was hoping to snag a reasonable person to answer some of them... but I guess I should quit while I'm ahead, having for the most part had my questions answered. I'm sure the features pages will be updated with the rest of it eventually.

Comment

shut up already!

Comment

shut up already!
            I gave up on this thread long ago, too much to read! ....

Comment

shut up already!
              I think that goes for more than one person, Qazarr has questions that he would like answers to, Alc (Admin) was doing this initialy, and then a whole bunch of people jump on the band wagon, if this is how you want to treat new users of the software or people who are first coming to this forum then your doing no justice to the developers of this software, i think there are two types of questions asked on support forums.

1. The type of question that normal users of the software are able to help with.

2. The type of question best left to Admin\Development to answer. and not people who think they may know the answer or who for some reason think they can second guess Development.

Comment

Agreed, and just to stir it up, ß can kiss my ass. :evil:

Comment

I think you guys are overreacting.Qazarr has some good questions, B had good answers in his first post, but after that all went down the drain.Maybe a lock would be good AFTER one of developers or admins answers the questions.

Comment

Please forgive me, but I'm going to have to put in my two cents and some people may not like it.

I honestly don't like where this is going. So far DT Pro looks like DT with a Cloned Alcohol UI.

It can create images. Great... But there are several programs that have proven themselves over the course of time to do this, and a lot of them are free.

DT is nice over Alcohol because it's small and unobtrusive. The selling point of Pro was the ability to have virtual IDE drives, which happens to still in developement.

I'm afraid what I'm seeing right now is a new software with obtrusive piracy protection and few useful features. The irony is that DT is meant to rid people of obtrusive piracy protection. I suggest you guys rethink your business plan, because I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that something's wrong here.

And before a mod chastises me, I'm aware that you can do whatever you want, and that no one is forcing me to buy it, but I feel that my input should be noted as a long-time enthusiast of your software.

Comment

Working...
                    X