Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Antivir Virus found in Daemon Tools Pro

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Camehan View Post
    Knowing the DT team, its more than wrapped with UPX, since UPX is incredibly easy to unwrap
    Well, the DLL seems to be in fact packed with UPX. When unpacked you find these strings inside :

WHENU.COM INC VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2004 CADAEM Partner InstallTime SOFTWARE\WhenUSave\Partners Save.exe none wusa
    ve wubar wusv
    br whse.exe

So probaby it's why the AV is reporting it.
    Last edited by lmgava : 11.07.2007 at 00:07

Maybe, since thats for the adware version, thats what its also wrapped with. With the retail however, its wrapped in something a lot stronger......in addition to UPX.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Camehan View Post
    Maybe, since thats for the adware version, thats what its also wrapped with. With the retail however, its wrapped in something a lot stronger......in addition to UPX.
    Sorry, I was talking about the dll I have on my pc, and I have the DT PRO retail. I never installed the adware version.

Reading this thread and since I saw the strings I mentioned, I supposed it's the same dll in both cases. Maybe I'm wrong, I never saw the adware version as I said.

Addendum: just tried with virustotal too. I got the same results reported here previously, so I really believe the dll it's the same. Maybe it's inactive in the retail version. I don't know. Maybe it's not really adware either, again I don't know. I can see why the content can seem suspicious anyway.
    Last edited by lmgava : 11.07.2007 at 11:00

Maybe it's not really adware either, again I don't know. I can see why the content can seem suspicious anyway.
    Could be due to extra encryption, but the adware is definately not physically in the library.

In Antivir's options you can exclude files from scans and the resident guard. I have done that since I was also getting the warning and only with Antivir. Avira needs to update their definitions and detection algorithms to exclude this file.

Experienced User

Since the file is encrypted anti-vir just cant say whats in it
    and thats why it sounds the alarm. Add it to encryption.

This has been known since release ...and has been posted
    multiple times.
    Guys vote for the threads you read to give
    the rating system a place to live ^^

New User

Avira freaks out a bit while installing daemon tools :P and while downloading the key file. What i did was add daemon-tools folder and folder where i download key to exclude list.

Actually avira has a lot of false positives, anything that is encrypted usually gets a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozulus View Post
    Avira freaks out a bit while installing daemon tools :P and while downloading the key file. What i did was add daemon-tools folder and folder where i download key to exclude list.
    Actually avira has a lot of false positives, anything that is encrypted usually gets a warning.
    That's why I use Kaspersky Internet Security 7.

Master

And why I use NOD32. There's a lot of good ones out there. Unfortunately, there's even more that are either worthless or cause more trouble than they're worth.

Experienced User

Gotta agree with Jito463 there.
    I'm a big Nod32 fan and readily recommend it to anyone and everyone.
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast