Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Age of Empires Collector's Ed. DVD

Quote Originally Posted by xileF1337 View Post
    if this doesn't work your DVD drive is probably unable to extract a good DPM (don't ask me why the other disc worked ).
    did you check the quality of your DPM?
    It doesn't work :-(
    It worked once, but the game crashed and I haven't been able to start it since.
    I have tried with some other games and they work just fine...

I tried MDS Viewer and the graph looks like an U shifted a little to the right and the top-left part is a little fuzzy. What should a good MDS look like ?

I realy appreciate you efforts here :-)

--
    Skull

What should a good MDS look like ?
    On normal DVDs it should look like the left halve of an 'U' (a falling curve. It looks like the function f(x)=|x^-2| if you like maths ). But in your case it looks like a streched 'U' becouse your original DVD is a double-layered disc (the rising curve is the second layer).
    The graph should not be fuzzy. The more fuzzy it is, the worse is the quality of your DPM.
    I think you problem is that your drive can't extract proper DPMs from double-layered discs corrrectly. Supposeably using another one (e.g. use your burner) or upgrading the firmware of your current drive will solve your problem. You could also search the internet for a proper MDS data.

Ok, thanks for explanation and the math :-)

I tried to make the image on my second computer which is exactly identical (I bought two at the same time). And now I got a working copy As I said, I bought two identical computers at the same time, and the second one has an exact cloned hard disk from the first one, so I have no idea why it works on one computer and not the other one

Re. Searching for a good MDS: Am I getting this straight that my first, non-working, copy could have worked if I just found a good MDS? And I could have saved all this trouble?

Well, it works now and I really appreciate your help

--
    Skull

Am I getting this straight that my first, non-working, copy could have worked if I just found a good MDS? And I could have saved all this trouble?
    Yeah Reading the files on the disc is no problem for DVD-(+)DL-drives, but some optical devices can't extract a good DPM (with an unfuzzy graph ). So downloading an mds file which contains a working DPM would had solved your problem, too.

Well, it works now and I really appreciate your help.
    No problem dude

PS: The domain of the graph is X≥0

Experienced User

Just to add on the math side, |x^-2|=x^-2 whatever the x' value in R* (not true if x is complex)
    Carpe diem

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Kinlaadare View Post
    Just to add on the math side, |x^-2|=x^-2 whatever the x' value in R* (not true if x is complex)
    Isn't it just 42!

Mistake of mine, sry The function is
    f(x)=xˉІ
    x must be element of R and the domain is x>0.
    @SkullStalker: Now you can draw a perfect function graph and compare it with your DPM

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Goenk View Post
    Isn't it just 42!
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    You need high precision (click on link in my signature).
    I can't click on the link. I've also got age of empires collectord edition. I've created a disc image using the securom settings but when I mount the image it won't run without the disc. Please help me

could somebody give me there working mds file. Mine doesn't want to run without the disc. I've created other disc images that work fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast